toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    So I guess that mysterious woman is Byakura's mother. The dub gave that away while the Japanese version didn't flat out say it.

Koga reminds me of 3rd seat Kabune from the Aamagi filler arc, a guy who thinks so much of himself, and because everyone is not prasing him, he loses it.

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Good, then you're in the same boat as the rest of us.
    Sounds like I didn't miss much then lol.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Those guys are trying to do to Koga what Aizen did to Urahara.

Rynnec is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Geez. It's amazing how Soul Society's enemies tend to be more sympathetic than the supposed "good guys".
    Currently Watching: Darker Than Black

Currently Reading: Tsukihime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate Cross Blade

Currently Playing: No More Heroes, Skyward Sword, Persona 4

Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So did they just arrest and pretty much condemn Koga just because they believed a bunch of mooks over him for no reason?

And I'm sure this wil be his motivation for wanting revenge against SS. Gee guys, you think maybe you'd have fewer enemies if you weren't total idiots/d**chebags to everyone?

Cool story, but uh....how'd he get stuck in that tree?

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my, that didn't go as planned.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Muramasa must have giving Koga bad advice.

We see where Byakura gets his empathy for family members that are in jail.

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My god the Soul Society sucks, it's sad how many enemies they have thanks to their sheer stupidity and arrogance.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Radical is offline The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Episode 250 was pretty sweet,

The highlights:
    A flashback backstory episode on Koga/Muramasa's past and how Koga was sealed, sweet, as much as I enjoyed Rukia/Renji's flashback backstory episodes.
    Young Koga looks pretty cool/interesting and his dub voice is perfect.
    Koga is a part of the Kuchiki clan, woooooow/surprising, but cool that he's another evil Kuchiki member next to Byakuya(before turning good becoming a great anti-hero/caring older brother).
    Cool to see Ginrei, he's awesome/interesting.
    Koga putting down a rebellion of Soul Reapers was sweet, he's a great hero.
    Muramasa started out as a good zanpakuto spirit before turning evil, sweet.
    Poor Koga framed, ouch.
    Grrrrrrr, I despise those annoying stupid jealous high-ranking Soul Reaper noble jerks, they need a severe beatdown!!!!!!!
    Muramasa helping Koga escape out of his cell was sweet, I hope he gets revenge on those buttholes though.
    Koga stabbing poor Muramasa was pretty shocking, I'll wait next episode to know the reason behind that.
    Shinigami Illustrated Picturebook: Ichigo impersonating Ginrei and Uryu thinking that he has a materialized zanpakuto was funny, hahahahahaha.
    Last edited by Radical; 04-28-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Part of me wants to really like this flashback. Maybe it's because I think the character of Koga is actually kind of interesting in how he has the power of Muramasa to take over other's zanpaktos that makes him the hero of this rebellion going on yet at the same time he mainly wants to get in good with his family and help out Soul Society. And it also shows Muramasa as actually being sympathetic as we see in his inner world scenes and even bursting out Koga he does care for his master. And yet still I can't get into this episode and not just beause it's a full on flashback either as sometimes those have worked out rather well like when we got to see Renji and Rukia's backstory. What doesn't work about here is that the tone is incosistent. With how Koga acts at the end as well as how Ginrei kept monologuing to himself there was suppose to be some sort of "you shouldn't let your hubris get in the way" message though really was that ever the problem for Koga? Seemed like that became an issue AFTER he was betrayed and taken advantage of by other jealous captains. Also since we never get to know them or know much about htis time besides it being at war it's a lot harder to identify with as well as a lot harder to pinpoint where it should take place in the show which it shouldn't as even if this is filler this is suppose to be something Kubo had planned so shouldn't he of had the flashback planned as well? Well at least the ending was a good cliffhanger but otherwise pretty meh all the way around to be honest. Some parts work but all the conversations and everyone besides Koga and Muramasa either just being bland or jerks didin't really make the situation seem as important or as flowing as it should of honestly.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12