Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061
    HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Hmm, for out-of-left-field FUNimation choices, nobody's mentioned Fractale. It's TV-14 pseudo-philosophical anime and while it lets down at the end, the individual elements (concept, world-building, characters, animation) are strong enough to make a good pitch, and FUNi's put together one heck of a trailer for it so it seems they're serious about selling this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZv4XWzKGsE
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah that's coming out soon too isn't it?

I could see them pick that up based on their usual preferences. At least it seems to have some decent action in it.

Yeah... it's probably that and Final Act.

Though they don't often go for series shorter than 24-26. FLCL is the only example of a show that's less than that in total episodes while they do commonly re-air just the second season of Big O.

It has about as much chance as PSG in that regard but it's not going to freak out the censors like PSG and that gives it an edge.
    Last edited by Sketch; 05-11-2012 at 01:42 AM.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    Yeah that's coming out soon too isn't it?

I could see them pick that up based on their usual preferences. At least it seems to have some decent action in it.

Yeah... it's probably that and Final Act.
    I don't think it's Fractale. The DVD set is going to be released during the middle of the TV run. Granted that hasn't stopped AS before (Trinity Blood's first DVD single was released before the AS broadcast, same with Samurai Champloo) but I don't think it's likely.

Though it may be bias against the show. I followed it subbed and the ending burned me.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Kuromi_Star is offline Neko mimi mode
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How well did Durarara do anyway? I don't remember seeing any numbers, but if it did well enough, I could see AS pushing already on DVD shows like it, that may not have had awesome sales but the potential to do well. Chaos;Head for example. I say this only because of lack of AS appropriate current releases, but a whole backlog of stuff that would fit from when they weren't licensing anything. Especially since the Funimation Channel just got pulled out of so many homes.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuromi_Star View Post
    How well did Durarara do anyway? I don't remember seeing any numbers, but if it did well enough, I could see AS pushing already on DVD shows like it, that may not have had awesome sales but the potential to do well. Chaos;Head for example. I say this only because of lack of AS appropriate current releases, but a whole backlog of stuff that would fit from when they weren't licensing anything. Especially since the Funimation Channel just got pulled out of so many homes.
    DRRR!! did just fine in premieres (at least according to total viewers) but it wasn't a smash hit. The reruns have been struggling.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061