toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061 LastLast
    Mister Miracle is offline The Best Kept Secret
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic

Would Gurren Lagann even have a chance on Toonami though? Sure it would've been a perfect contender back in 2009, but all the episodes are out on DVD and the entire series is on Netflix. Not the mention it already had a full run of all the episodes on SyFy years back.
    I can't believe guarren lagann was years ago
    I-I'm not Orange! ZEROOOO! *collapses*

C.C.: (to Lelouch) No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head.

firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gurren Lagann is the most EPIC anime I know. I'm still search for a show to trump that series. I mean seriously, just take a peak at the TV Tropes page of the series. Its HUGE....

Honestly, GL Is will never get old. Its right up there with its big brother FLCL. Pure awesomeness. I say bring GL to toonami. There are still people who haven't seen the series yet. Heh, I didn't even know Durarara existed untill Adult Swim, yeah I know... *kicks rocks*
    Anime currently watching:

Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

Super Sonic is offline Fastest Thing Alive
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxprime View Post
    Gurren Lagann is the most EPIC anime I know. I'm still search for a show to trump that series. I mean seriously, just take a peak at the TV Tropes page of the series. Its HUGE....

Honestly, GL Is will never get old. Its right up there with its big brother FLCL. Pure awesomeness. I say bring GL to toonami. There are still people who haven't seen the series yet. Heh, I didn't even know Durarara existed untill Adult Swim, yeah I know... *kicks rocks*
    Yes...But as soon as they see it they're not going to wait every week for new episodes. Manga UK has all the episodes dubbed and subbed on their YouTube page, every episode is on DVD, and the entire series is on Netflix. And I'm just listing the legal options. If people have the slightest interest in the series, they'll look it up and find those.

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
    Yes...But as soon as they see it they're not going to wait every week for new episodes. Manga UK has all the episodes dubbed and subbed on their YouTube page, every episode is on DVD, and the entire series is on Netflix. And I'm just listing the legal options. If people have the slightest interest in the series, they'll look it up and find those.
    That goes for all shows, though.

Stuff like Buffy and The X Files have complete boxsets and are on Netflix, but are still repeated a lot [I think. Right?].

A very small minority of people watch anything on Television as it airs in reruns. Netflix, DVDs or Piracy is the method of choice for most people who hear of a new series.

TTGL would probably be a good pick for "shows that would have a mass appeal to newcomers", which is what Toonami should be aiming for.

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

Kuromi_Star is offline Neko mimi mode
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not convinced at all that should Toonami be coming back, it'll be Toonami classic. I'm not expecting to see shounen series from 2000 or earlier that have already had TV runs. Or anything that ran on Animonday or Mnet or anything like that. In fact, I think it would be a complete waste of the platform.

AndrewSP is offline Toonami is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuromi_Star
    I'm not convinced at all that should Toonami be coming back, it'll be Toonami classic. I'm not expecting to see shounen series from 2000 or earlier that have already had TV runs. Or anything that ran on Animonday or Mnet or anything like that. In fact, I think it would be a complete waste of the platform.
    I can see them MAYBE grabbing an older show for the folks who want old Toonami shows back, but yeah, I'm with you. It's really all about the brand equity, promotion, and the renewed interest that the Toonami presentation and name bring. And maybe a renewed interest in bringing multiple new Anime/action series to Sat. nights.

I'm not expecting nor want to see something like Dragonball Z air on the block again (though Outlaw Star would be awesome).
    Is Toonami a failed experiment?
    Watch on Saturday nights at midnight and show Adult Swim that it's not.

Building a Better Cartoon Show. Only Toonami.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I will be surprised if the 2AM show is not Outlaw Star or Trigun. Maybe Big O season 1 but they'd probably still list Big O if it was that.

Maybe it's too early for Toonami and maybe this is just ASA's last hurrah before Toonami rebranding occurs with the off-chance of a quick debut of Panty & Stocking along with InuYasha: The Final Act to finish up old business.

If the anime are not old Toonami favorites and not P&S and InuYasha: TFA then I have no idea what they might be getting.

If they got something "out of the blue" it could be literally anything that has come out recently or is coming to DVD/BD soon. FUNimation doesn't have a whole lot of recent titles that fit in the non-MA philosophical category that ASA usually pulls from when it's not trotting a shounen anime.

If Viz doesn't get Final Act on AS, Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan is another show they have and I believe has been dubbed by now since T3 was shopping it around but why would they get that instead of Final Act? Of course they could get both. Tiger & Bunny may be further along in dubbing than some suspect as it's being done at Studiopolis and unlike Ocean they don't take a freak'n year or so to record dubs. Still it seems a bit early for that one. I just hope it does air on Adult Swim sometime this year (or any time really but the sooner the better).

Sentai has some titles but AS doesn't usually do business with them. It would be interesting to see they pick up something from Sentai and broaden their relationships with anime licensors.

More than likely the 12:30 and 1 AM shows will come from Viz and/or FUNi but the 2AM could come from Bandai's backlog or FUNi's backlog. I don't see them airing something brand new to the block at 2AM when they could have simply moved FMA:B a half hour later.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not to be negitive but i really dont see it coming back so soon. i think its regular asa i hope its toonami but idk

Super Sonic is offline Fastest Thing Alive
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bla2772 View Post
    not to be negitive but i really dont see it coming back so soon. i think its regular asa i hope its toonami but idk
    Well...this is the Toonami thread. So naturally people are going to talk about Toonami coming back. Even if it doesn't return on the 26th. That's kinda the purpose here.

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sonic

Well...this is the Toonami thread. So naturally people are going to talk about Toonami coming back. Even if it doesn't return on the 26th. That's kinda the purpose here.
    Yeah ik just sayin about tht day
    Toonami is here to stay- stay gold beautiful friends