toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
    KarlOlson is offline Art Imitates Life
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    They could possibly get away with running Higurashi now, but Elfen Lied... no way in heck.
    Truthfully, even if they could get the rights and clearance, I wouldn't bother with Elfen Lied. The animation and general direction were weak/very uneven when it dropped relative to it's contemporaries, and I don't feel it's aged well. If you're looking to build a new Toonami, stuff more in an action dramedy rather than a dramatic action/dramatic horror vain would seem wise. In that sense, it would discount Higurashi too, even though it's quality direction over-rides it's sometimes questionable animation. To the extent you'd look at something dramatic, you'd probably look at the Gundam Wing-style of story telling/setting. Really, I think more Outlaw Star/Cowboy Bebop-type stuff would be the best. Strong ensemble casts, fairly episodic flavor. A dose of action with good, engaging characters, some humor that fits the setting and dramatic moments that develop the characters.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm fairly certain Black Lagoon would be well-received, if it's not already too much of "Yesterday's news" And you know what? I'd potentially recommend Ben-To as a potential hit that many probably haven't looked into. Did that get a dub yet?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nobody has Bentou yet (oh, my aching heart). Even so, its content is probably a bit too liberal for [as], though.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Nobody has Bentou yet (oh, my aching heart). Even so, its content is probably a bit too liberal for [as], though.
    Gotta love the fanservice hatredy.

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont know if this means much but look what steve blum said on twettier......@ERockstar5 @adultswim We're talking about licensing deals and network negotiations. This doesn't happen in weeks. Patience, my friend..........................what he bassically said is there working on deals you dont work on deals if it isnt coming back

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bla2772 View Post
    dont know if this means much but look what steve blum said on twettier......@ERockstar5 @adultswim We're talking about licensing deals and network negotiations. This doesn't happen in weeks. Patience, my friend..........................what he bassically said is there working on deals you dont work on deals if it isnt coming back
    I think he just said that IF they're working on deals it takes time.

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Olson View Post
    Truthfully, even if they could get the rights and clearance, I wouldn't bother with Elfen Lied. The animation and general direction were weak/very uneven when it dropped relative to it's contemporaries, and I don't feel it's aged well.
    You're being too kind as usual Karl. That show is so bloody godawfu thatl its hillarious in a sort over the top self parody frame of mind. You're supposed to be like all horrified and crap but the show is just so rediculous that you can't help but laugh at it.

Outside of the long dead Gustav Klimt, I don't think anything benefited from Elfen Lied. Let us speak no more of it.

AndrewSP is online now Toonami is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bla2772 View Post
    He's just telling people to be patient. He followed up with this tweet:

@blumspew
    Please guys... Breathe! IF a deal is made for ANY show, these things take time. I love your persistence, but I don't know any more than you

Jtaylor1 is offline Not 9000! It Burns!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Legendary Heroes and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, would they be two be good candidates for Toonami?
    R.I.P Yoshito Usui (1958-2009) we'll miss you.

A Tribute to Yoshito Usui (Exclusively on my YouTube channel)

Don't forget to check out my Deviants and read my journal at Jtaylor83's DeviantArt page.

savedbythebell is offline Phoenix Wright fanboy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new Lupin series would be perfect minus all the nudity.
    Now Space Ghost regrets his action. "Why," he says, "do we always hurt the one we love? Why, Banjo? Why? Banjo! Banjo! Baaannjo!"