toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    ventus20 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Oh ok I'm glad to read this. I hope what ever they put on the new toonami will be awesome. Is there a web site where I can watch all the old toonami shows dubbed?I really feel like I want to watch card captor Sakura, hamtaro, and code lyoko.

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T. Hingson View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable start time. Kekkaishi and Durarara will finish their runs in late June and early July or the same day if they don't air the bonus episode 25 of Durarara. They could play some movies or do some other events to count down to Toonami and launch on the episode when the Aizen arc returns.

They can take as much time as they need on the block but the sooner they confirm it will return, the better.
    Do they buy the rights as "runs" or do they do it by year?

If it's year, then Kekkaishi should run out at the end of May, while Durarara at the end of June.

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ventus20 View Post
    Is there a web site where I can watch all the old toonami shows dubbed?
    Some of the old shows are up on Hulu and Crunchyroll, but none of the ones you mentioned.

Code Lyoko wasn't even a Toonami show, it was on Miguzi.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Mister Miracle is offline The Best Kept Secret
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watch it be back
    I-I'm not Orange! ZEROOOO! *collapses*

C.C.: (to Lelouch) No matter how great you make yourself sound, you're still just a naive boy who's all talk and who only dreams of victory in his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I never got to see the end of code lyoko I really wanted to see it.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox295

Do they buy the rights as "runs" or do they do it by year?

If it's year, then Kekkaishi should run out at the end of May, while Durarara at the end of June.
    I presume years but there may be some leeway with that since Kekkaishi has 52 episodes and pre-emptions are common for holidays. Kekkaishi might have a 3 year contract for all we know. DRR probably has a 2 year contract but it might have a 1 year contract if they did not expect much from it. There is really no telling how long the contracts go but 2 years was the usual for 26 episodes.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

miraimike is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are other shonen shows that could theoretically go to Toonami in the future?

Reborn!
    Sgt. Frog
    Gintama
    Buso Renkin
    D.Grayman
    Beelzebub
    Black Cat
    New Kenshin

Other stuff? Excel Saga? Chevalier D'Eon? Toward the Terra? Blackjack?

We always talk about the easy picks, but who could have predicted a harem show being a hit in 01'/02'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would elfen lied be a good pick for toonami?

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miraimike View Post
    What are other shonen shows that could theoretically go to Toonami in the future?

Reborn!
    Sgt. Frog
    Gintama
    Buso Renkin
    D.Grayman
    Beelzebub
    Black Cat
    New Kenshin

Other stuff? Excel Saga? Chevalier D'Eon? Toward the Terra? Blackjack?

We always talk about the easy picks, but who could have predicted a harem show being a hit in 01'/02'?
    I think Adult Swim has made it very clear that they've never been interested in airing Excel Saga.

SGT Frog never getting on TV after all these years is still a complete mystery to me. Did the ADV dub production hell sour everyone in the TV business on the show or what happened?

The new Kenshin's just some OAVs plus the live-action movie at the moment so I don't know if they'll go for that but it would be nice and if they bought back the original series and aired it uncut that would also be awesome.

If they're going to do something that's not an easy pick, I really hope they take a risk on Madoka. I can see it now...

TOM: Hey, Toonami faithful. We've been listening to you, it's why we're back after all, and we've heard you want Sailor Moon. That situation's complicated, but if you've been wishing for some magical girls, we've got 'em right here. And since this is Adult Swim, things are gonna get weird. Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Saturdays at 12:30. Ready to make a contract? Only Toonami on [adult swim]
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    SGT Frog never getting on TV after all these years is still a complete mystery to me. Did the ADV dub production hell sour everyone in the TV business on the show or what happened?

If they're going to do something that's not an easy pick, I really hope they take a risk on Madoka. I can see it now...

TOM: Hey, Toonami faithful. We've been listening to you, it's why we're back after all, and we've heard you want Sailor Moon. That situation's complicated, but if you've been wishing for some magical girls, we've got 'em right here. And since this is Adult Swim, things are gonna get weird. Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Saturdays at 12:30. Ready to make a contract? Only Toonami on [adult swim]
    I talked to the ADV C.E.O., John Ledford, back at Anime Expo 2008. He told me they were pretty close to getting it on T.V., they got a good response from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, but then it all fell through because things went bad between ADV and Sojitz. If you don't know about Sojitz someone else on here or I can explain.

Also I think I remember reading on some message board, I think it was this one, that someone got the impression at a recent convention that Aniplex doesn't seem interested in a T.V. deal. Would be nice though.