toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Toon Master is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Worst Adult Swim show

Like This Thread!
    What is your opinion as the Worst Adult Swim show? I would have to pick 12 oz Mouse. This was the biggest abomination of a show i have ever seen in my entire lifetime. It was so bad that no words could even describe it and i cant even remember a single thing about it besides it having a mouse as the lead character.

EDIT: Yeah, the post I made here a year ago is terrible. Now I'm writing my posts better and I'm going to try to correct this one. I just really thought 12 oz Mouse was an abomination. The animation looked like a kid in pre-school had done it. The story was boring, and the characters really did not interest me at all. I had watched it a few times in the past to try to get into it and see if I would like it, but it just never did anything for me. Now I know there are people out there who did like the show, but I just wasn't one of them. That's really all I have to say. I hope this is much better and a big improvement from the post I made here last year.
    Last edited by Toon Master; 08-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can see this thread becoming a big problem in a hurry if people don't explain their choices. And by that, I mean saying more than non-specific pejoratives like "It was horrible/terrible" and hyperbole like "Hooking your nipples up to a car battery is more fun than watching that trash". Bashing threads aren't allowed, so if you want this to stay open, come up with specific criticisms and don't flame what might be someone else's favorite show.

So, Toon Master, care to try again?

cuzin34 is offline @AsapCuzin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this thread is probably going to get lock but i would have to say Tim & Eric show because its gross, it makes no sense, and its not funny.
    Last edited by Dr. Daedalus; 07-31-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: removed slur

Beefy is offline It only hurts forever.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my lowly opinion: a show doesn't have to be the best looking as long as it can make up for it in the funny deptartment.

12 oz. Mouse and Assy McGee used to be the worst Adult Swim shows for me, then Delocated came along and claimed the worst spot.

As for why, it's hard for me to explain, I don't find Delocated funny. Jon is a selfish jerk who doesn't deserve to have a family. If Jon being selfish and doing stupid things is supposed to be what's funny about it, then it's not working for me.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Toon Master is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lock the thread. No sense if fights are gonna start to happen.

chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have to say Minoriteam. Not was the premise itself not funny (and a bit insulting), but I also didn't care much for the art style, and the jokes fell flat. Not even Dana Snyder could save it. A close second would be Assy McGee, but I do have to give that show credit for having a few episodes that were sort of decent.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Smoking Gun.

Yeah, remember this? At least a show like Tim and Eric can justify appeal to a very small group. This show failed to do even that. It was unfunny re-enactments hoping for a celebrity mention to do well.

There's a lot of shows that I'd consider downright terrible, but The Smoking Gun is the only show in AS history other than maybe Pilot Candidate to have failed on every single level.

Second place is The Room. Look at the Nostalgia Critic's review if you don't believe me.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    In my lowly opinion: a show doesn't have to be the best looking as long as it can make up for it in the funny deptartment.

12 oz. Mouse and Assy McGee used to be the worst Adult Swim shows for me, then Delocated came along and claimed the worst spot.

As for why, it's hard for me to explain, I don't find Delocated funny. Jon is a selfish jerk who doesn't deserve to have a family. If Jon being selfish and doing stupid things is supposed to be what's funny about it, then it's not working for me.
    I guess that's the reason why I like the show. He's a jerk and he ends up paying for his mistakes. His wife left him and he lost his girlfriend due to being a jerk. It also helps that the humor is more broad compared to shows like Squidbillies or Xavier .

Then again, I like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where all of the main characters are unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    The Smoking Gun.

Yeah, remember this? At least a show like Tim and Eric can justify appeal to a very small group. This show failed to do even that. It was unfunny re-enactments hoping for a celebrity mention to do well.

There's a lot of shows that I'd consider downright terrible, but The Smoking Gun is the only show in AS history other than maybe Pilot Candidate to have failed on every single level.
    To be fair, that's actually a truTV show. AS was airing reruns of it. Apparently, its still going on that network.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
    To be fair, that's actually a truTV show. AS was airing reruns of it. Apparently, its still going on that network.
    OK, I won't count it then.

The Room wins by default in light of that disqualification. Why? Because 'YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!'
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Oops is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post

Delocated, Tim and Eric, and 12 oz Mouse! WORST. SHOWS. EVER!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast