toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Schedule Update 6/28

Like This Thread!

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

- Family Guy comes back to Fridays
    - Bleach Movie double-feature airs 8/14
    - Have It Your Way night on 8/16
    - FMA Brotherhood stops at episode 26
    - New Bleach starts 8/28, replacing FMAB
    - Starting 8/21, overnight Saturdays return to encores of 10pm-2am, removing GITS from the schedule
    - The web-exclusive first season of Children's Hospital premieres 7/11 at 10:30pm
    - A Sunday 10pm hour of live-action premiere power starts 8/22 with Delocated Season 2 (half-hours!), Children's Hospital Season 2 (new episodes), and Eagleheart (from Conan's production company)

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, had a feeling Boondocks' last several weeks on top would mean they'd kick CB and GITS out. That means anime is down to Bleach, Kekkaishi, FMA, and Inuyasha.

Is it all right to wish for all the live-action to bomb?
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, so just 2 hours of anime?
    Oh well.
    Twitter / Tumblr
    Toonami. The first and still the best. 03/17/97-09/20/08, 04/01/12, 05/26/12-
    Rurouni Kenshin 15th Anniversary Thread

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kekkaishi still hasn't been graveyard slotted. Dangit.

Also, I was hoping for a new anime in Q3, but it looks like we're waiting till winter.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hince why Inuyasha is after FMA rerun Beat, TFA is even more obvious.
    Twitter / Tumblr

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Hince why Inuyasha is after FMA rerun Beat, TFA is even more obvious.
    Yeah, but that throws out the "4th anime" theory. Hence my sad face.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

bleachj0j is offline Demon Slayer in training
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Kekkaishi still hasn't been graveyard slotted. Dangit.

Also, I was hoping for a new anime in Q3, but it looks like we're waiting till winter.
    Beat just give up. Anyway how long will fullmetal be on break, in the meantime I'll enjoy Kekkaishi and filler Bleach
    Shinken Red! Bleachjoj, Going Forth!

"Let's green egg and ham it"-Kazzam

More people need to watch Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Hunter X Hunter.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope FMAB doesn't stay on hiatus for long. The last FMA's hiatus MURDERED that show in the ratings and I can't say it will help Brotherhood, which is on shakier ground ratings-wise, either. Not to mention with CB and GITS gone FMAB is now the most mature anime on the lineup (which is likely going to please no one).

Though, with Boondocks kinda-sorta proving that Saturdays can hold its own without anime, I wonder if AS will bother running the rest of Brotherhood. Their deal was only for the first 26 episodes, who knows whether 27-64 will air as not even episode 19 did that well.

It's not like Moribito, where it was 26 episodes period and AS only needed to pick 16 episodes up to finish the series. It's not like Geass either, where AS was effectively court-ordered to finish because AS picked up both seasons and then deathslotted the entire show and was forced to put it back in semi-normal viewing hours. Brotherhood is its own beast and what AS decides to do with it is completely unpredictable because it has not been beating Boondocks and KOTH reruns for the last several weeks.

Brotherhood has been getting ratings only slightly above Moribito's level when it does make the top 3 and there's not just 26 episodes left to go, but 39, the last one being a full hour, and the last episodes will get butchered in order to get down to 22 minutes. AS is not going to like dealing with Brotherhood because the Japanese producers did not produce their show to cooperate with American TV practices. Brotherhood being timecut will enrage fans and leaving the content in takes ad money away (which is all Brotherhood's good for). Lazzo and company will have a hard time explaining this to Snyder and Sorcher and the decision could be made to wash AS' hands of Brotherhood, leaving the show in limbo.

Also, last but not least, going through Bleach filler one episode at a time? AS is torturing us now.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (Let's just ignore Beat and his Kekkaishi comments, though I don't care much for it myself.)

I haven't seen the Bleach filler, so I may check it out.
    Twitter / Tumblr

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boondocks is just one show. And while a successor is being prepped, we have no idea when it will debut. Unless KOTH/Boondocks/original comedies can hold it down above 400,000 the entire summer, FMAB's second half should be safe.

bleachj0j is offline Demon Slayer in training
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I hope FMAB doesn't stay on hiatus for long. The last FMA's hiatus MURDERED that show in the ratings and I can't say it will help Brotherhood, which is on shakier ground ratings-wise, either. Not to mention with CB and GITS gone FMAB is now the most mature anime on the lineup (which is likely going to please no one).

Though, with Boondocks kinda-sorta proving that Saturdays can hold its own without anime, I wonder if AS will bother running the rest of Brotherhood. Their deal was only for the first 26 episodes, who knows whether 27-64 will air as not even episode 19 did that well.

Also, going through Bleach filler one episode at a time? AS is torturing us now.
    I think this filler is 22 episodes so it's not as bad the bount arc
    Shinken Red! Bleachjoj, Going Forth!

"Let's green egg and ham it"-Kazzam

More people need to watch Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Hunter X Hunter.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleachj0j View Post
    I think this filler is 22 episodes so it's not as bad the bount arc
    Put a certain way.

If this was being done on old school AS - 4 days a week of Bleach- we'd be done with the arc in a month and a half.

Once a week, we'll be done with the arc, not accounting for movies and contests, in around 5 MONTHS.

...This is gonna suck, isn't it?

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Show's over folks, Saturday nights on CN/AS are once again dead. With FMA brotherhood now on Hiatus, the only 2 shows on are Bleach and Kekkashi. Now I know most of you know I hate Bleach to the bitter end but that is not why I am saying Saturday nights are over. Mainly because first, Bleach is starting up with filler, and after a long hiatus the ratings are going to hurt BADLY. Second, Kekkashi is all in all a ok show, but can't survive and do good on ratings on it's own. So whether we like it or not, Boondocks will continue to kill the ratings system thanks to Adult Swim's foolish selves.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Space Cadet is online now I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    - Huh, Family Guy coming back to Fridays. Been a while. My guess its to shore up the Friday 11 pm slot. At least American Dad will be propped up.

- Now we know when Bleach is returning. I know its filler, but to most of the audience, they won't know the difference. I'm sure Brotherhood will return. FUNi needs more time to dub the episodes and a break is needed in order to do it.

- Huh, seems like I'm the only one interested in the live-action shows. Children's Hospital looks entertaining, Eagleheart can go either way and being the only fan, I'm looking forward to season two of Delocated. Should be interesting how the shows fare in the ratings, especially when Family Guy leaves the 10 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Its amazing that over a year ago, Saturdays was so unstable in the ratings. No lineup was working for the 11 pm slot. Then AS put in an hour of Robot Chicken and Saturday has stabilized since then.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FMA hiatus sucks, but hopefully the Blu-ray and DVD releases stay 3 months apart at the most so that the dub can premiere on that format. And hopefully it returns to Adult Swim soon, too.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Rho
    Rho is offline 12 - 6 cloud?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. Just as I was starting to get into Cowboy Bebop too..
    "I told you global warming was bogus."
    "Stop watching Fox News!"

Malex is offline Quivering Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post

- Now we know when Bleach is returning. I know its filler, but to most of the audience, they won't know the difference. I'm sure Brotherhood will return. FUNi needs more time to dub the episodes and a break is needed in order to do it.
    The problem with this upcoming Bleach filler is that everyone will know the difference. It is the first of the Bleach filler arcs that disregards all levels of continuity. The first episode of the arc directly states that Ichigo finished fighting his current battle and a completely different story will now begin. No one can pretend that the arc they are watching has nothing to do what has preceded.
    Genius... is the capacity to see ten things where the ordinary man sees one. -Ezra Pound

The University of Southern California, the next level has been mastered.

01100110 00100111 01101001 01101110 00100000 01010000 01101111 01010100 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101110

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, the future for Saturdays looks depressing. It's now going to be a boring encore night like the rest of the week.

So much for any chance of diversity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think AS might purchase the next 26 episodes once they have been dubbed.
    And that may not be so far away. I would say funi is around the mid forties in dubbing by now.

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a British person who ignores reruns and is only interested in new stuff...
    I'll watch the Bleach filler since I skipped over it watching subs
    FMA: Brotherhood, I'll watch the rest subbed since when it comes back the 3rd DVD will probably be out =/

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast