Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Schedule Update 6/28

Like This Thread!
    http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

- Family Guy comes back to Fridays
    - Bleach Movie double-feature airs 8/14
    - Have It Your Way night on 8/16
    - FMA Brotherhood stops at episode 26
    - New Bleach starts 8/28, replacing FMAB
    - Starting 8/21, overnight Saturdays return to encores of 10pm-2am, removing GITS from the schedule
    - The web-exclusive first season of Children's Hospital premieres 7/11 at 10:30pm
    - A Sunday 10pm hour of live-action premiere power starts 8/22 with Delocated Season 2 (half-hours!), Children's Hospital Season 2 (new episodes), and Eagleheart (from Conan's production company)

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, had a feeling Boondocks' last several weeks on top would mean they'd kick CB and GITS out. That means anime is down to Bleach, Kekkaishi, FMA, and Inuyasha.

Is it all right to wish for all the live-action to bomb?
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, so just 2 hours of anime?
    Oh well.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kekkaishi still hasn't been graveyard slotted. Dangit.

Also, I was hoping for a new anime in Q3, but it looks like we're waiting till winter.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hince why Inuyasha is after FMA rerun Beat, TFA is even more obvious.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    Hince why Inuyasha is after FMA rerun Beat, TFA is even more obvious.
    Yeah, but that throws out the "4th anime" theory. Hence my sad face.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

bleachj0j is offline Demon Slayer in training
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Kekkaishi still hasn't been graveyard slotted. Dangit.

Also, I was hoping for a new anime in Q3, but it looks like we're waiting till winter.
    Beat just give up. Anyway how long will fullmetal be on break, in the meantime I'll enjoy Kekkaishi and filler Bleach
    Shinken Red! Bleachjoj, Going Forth!

"Let's green egg and ham it"-Kazzam

More people need to watch Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Hunter X Hunter.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope FMAB doesn't stay on hiatus for long. The last FMA's hiatus MURDERED that show in the ratings and I can't say it will help Brotherhood, which is on shakier ground ratings-wise, either. Not to mention with CB and GITS gone FMAB is now the most mature anime on the lineup (which is likely going to please no one).

Though, with Boondocks kinda-sorta proving that Saturdays can hold its own without anime, I wonder if AS will bother running the rest of Brotherhood. Their deal was only for the first 26 episodes, who knows whether 27-64 will air as not even episode 19 did that well.

It's not like Moribito, where it was 26 episodes period and AS only needed to pick 16 episodes up to finish the series. It's not like Geass either, where AS was effectively court-ordered to finish because AS picked up both seasons and then deathslotted the entire show and was forced to put it back in semi-normal viewing hours. Brotherhood is its own beast and what AS decides to do with it is completely unpredictable because it has not been beating Boondocks and KOTH reruns for the last several weeks.

Brotherhood has been getting ratings only slightly above Moribito's level when it does make the top 3 and there's not just 26 episodes left to go, but 39, the last one being a full hour, and the last episodes will get butchered in order to get down to 22 minutes. AS is not going to like dealing with Brotherhood because the Japanese producers did not produce their show to cooperate with American TV practices. Brotherhood being timecut will enrage fans and leaving the content in takes ad money away (which is all Brotherhood's good for). Lazzo and company will have a hard time explaining this to Snyder and Sorcher and the decision could be made to wash AS' hands of Brotherhood, leaving the show in limbo.

Also, last but not least, going through Bleach filler one episode at a time? AS is torturing us now.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (Let's just ignore Beat and his Kekkaishi comments, though I don't care much for it myself.)

I haven't seen the Bleach filler, so I may check it out.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boondocks is just one show. And while a successor is being prepped, we have no idea when it will debut. Unless KOTH/Boondocks/original comedies can hold it down above 400,000 the entire summer, FMAB's second half should be safe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast