toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Drinky Crow Show - "God of Monkeys" [12/7]

Like This Thread!
    The third episode airs Sunday at 12:15 AM Eastern. The first episode did well in the ratings, so one has to wonder if it will continue to do good.

v1cious is offline Haters gonna hate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok i've finally come around to this show, that episode was great.
    "With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I put down my pen. Well, I'll be leaving now." R.I.P Satoshi Kon 1963-2010

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first part was okay (who knew losing your intestines could be funny?), but the second part was excellent. That whole sequence with the mutiple gods was very funny, especially the Drinky Crow god with the drunk eyes and the one normal eye. Am I the only person who thinks Drinky Crow sounds like Tony Oliver's Lupin?

Between this and Clerks, I can't decide which is the best show of the year on Adult Swim.

Kitschensyngk is online now wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I am Booze God! Who will make me drunk?"

Delicious descent into madness.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Master Moron is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get it. Why was the Crow God whipping the crow at the end? I thought the crow became the Crow God?

Charlie is offline Der pushka.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Moron View Post
    I don't get it. Why was the Crow God whipping the crow at the end? I thought the crow became the Crow God?
    He's god, he can do what ever he wants.
    The Weekly Geek!
    The mostly weekly podcast about geek stuff.

SteamID & Gamertag. Do you want to play a game?

tb4000 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like how Drinky Crow is a straight lush, yet even he sees this stuff going on around him and is like, "that is just effed up."

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You know thinking about it I think this could actually be a very depressing show. A crow whose own suciidal tendacies and bleak view of the life being mistreated by his sleazy jerkish monkey friend and then we find out his world is created in the coma of a cartoonist whose own wife makes a decision to pull the plug on the advice of a giant glowing monkey god. Then we remember that there is a giant glowing monkey god, a giant glowy Drinky God, a giant glowy gun and beer guard and the show ends with Drinky and Gabby being punished in the flames of hell for eternity but knowing they'll be back next week and realize there's nothing to really be depressed about here. The fast paced and generall surreal nature of this show makes it unique even among AS toons, but is it any good? In truth I kind of prefer the last episode over this one but this was better then the "first" (besides the pilot ep) of Drinky Crow. There was some good stuff Like Drinky blasting the french alligator with the giant canon, Drinky's intenstines being a hammock, the monkey god just being a bigger version of gabby, Drinky's views on religion and why he dosen't subscribe to gabby's, the various god creatures appearing and thankfully the show not ending on a "screw you it was all a dream" ending. Yeah that may be the case but at least they bothered focusing on Gabby and rinky in the last 30 seconds. There are some parts though that just scream out mroe weird and surreal then actually funny and in general Uncle Gabby still screams too much on the line of a jerk to find his relationship with Drinky to be funny in certain situations. Still decent episode but a let down after the greatness of the latest RC and Geass eps.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .