toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Superjail! - "Ladies' Night" [10/12]

Like This Thread!

The third episode airs Sunday at 11:45 PM Eastern.

v1cious is offline Haters gonna hate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    damn i love this show! the whole entire last half was like some twisted Tex Avery cartoon.
    "With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I put down my pen. Well, I'll be leaving now." R.I.P Satoshi Kon 1963-2010

btv
    btv is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superjail has been and will continue to be my favorite show in the history of [AS] ever, edging out over Xavier.

A+

Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Don't worry, this'll hurt worse than it tastes." Eeeehehehewwww.

LOL at the prisoner's eye bulge stabbing the prisoner in front of him in the head.

"That's for you to know and... YOU to find out."

"I'd love to see you again... IN HELL!" STAB

"Sorry ladies, he's mine."

Too Hot For Superjail, haha.

"Download Complete" was a funny euphemism for sex when it came to the robot.

I thought it was better than last week's. BTW, when is Adult Swim gonna allow the theme song to be downloaded? It's so catchy. (Though I can't say the same for the closing theme...)

chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I'm more interested in the song from the pilot.

Gamaoi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The two songs are both from 10cc and Cheeseburger, and I don't believe [as] has the rights to release the songs for free on their site.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know Venture Brothers did this episode as well: Meeting the four female variations of the main staff of characters and interacting with them leading to maybe only seeing them down the road or something. For Venture Brothers it was probably the most disappointing ep of the season. Here though it's actually pretty good. It also helps that since the characters are so little developed at this point seeing them more against they're dopplegangers actually helps them, not hurts them. Furthermore the whole theme seems to be battle of the sexes and for once the guys were the more obvious winners (at least in the Warden's case anyway) instead of it just being more of a tie or a female victory. Actually this is probably one of the more well written episodes of the show. It's still not exactly what I call witty yet but there were some good lines: the supposed threat of invasion, "they were both women at some point" Jared and his female counterpart bonding, The Warden taunting the Mistress about losing and the Warden telling Jared his opinion on women. And as per usual there were a lot of good visual gags: The Ladies night poster and the Guard Robot transforming from that image Jackknife saw, one of the heels going into a guy's shoe and one guys eyeballs popping through another guys eyes, the disicpline of that one woman, the flies forcing the women to make out with each other and dance, one woman's brain imploding from the guy making her breath into some kind of bag and the Guard Robot quickly flashing an HIV sign. Once again I do wonder when all of the cruelty and violence will eventually wear thin but for now I'm enjoying this. Not a load of increidlbye awesome gags but a lot of good ones help seal this as another good Superjail ep.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Draft is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I felt this is the best ep so far, since it wasn't all violence and had some plot development. I do agree that Ventures did opposite gender thing better though..

B+

Annie-Mae is offline Crazy Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah this has to be one of my favs since the pilot. The cute relation to Jared and the other girl was so cute, it really makes you hope to see more of them together again. There seems to be a lack of appeal for the twins around here but when they don't have huge influence on the plot, such as this ep, they seem more likable. I think Comabticus and the Pilot we're a big over welmed by thier weird personalities, but the suttle camio parts and mischief push the story along fine.

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's the Superjail High School senior prom!

"I don't know who to bite!"
    "At one point they were both ladies. That's good enough for me!"

Aww...

How many of those inmates are ever going to see a woman again?

Will we be seeing more of Ultraprison in future episodes?

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

tb4000 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now this is a very well done show. It's like a cross between Liquid Television and those old What a Cartoons on CN. Jared is actually a very likeable character, and if only AS would bring back Korgoth, I'd forgive them for the anime thing. Any show that's being creative with their animation deserves a shot.

Gamaoi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
    Now this is a very well done show. It's like a cross between Liquid Television and those old What a Cartoons on CN. Jared is actually a very likeable character, and if only AS would bring back Korgoth, I'd forgive them for the anime thing. Any show that's being creative with their animation deserves a shot.
    One show with excrutiating violence is good enough for me.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Thanks for the great sex, loser!"

I laughed a lot this episode.

v1cious is offline Haters gonna hate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok i was just on an unnamed site, and saw an episode that hasn't aired on Adult Swim yet. i know it wasn't the pilot.
    Spoiler:
    the episode was a parody of Scientology, with some cult con artist coming to Superjail
    have episodes leaked out or something?
    "With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I put down my pen. Well, I'll be leaving now." R.I.P Satoshi Kon 1963-2010