toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Code Geass - "The White Knight Awakens" [5/3]

Like This Thread!

Well, last week's talkback went over 200 posts. How many will this week be. Oh, and the second episode will air in its new timeslot tomorrow at 1 AM Eastern. So, that's a little victory for the show so far.

Also, please keep major spoilers out of the threads. That includes hinting at things(For example: "You thought that was good, just wait until..."). Let people watching for the first time experience the events without being spoiled.

bigdeath is offline A Legend is Born
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First post! :anime:

I'm watching the dub now on the fix so I'll be able to judge the VAs better with this episode.
    Tobi: "Tobi's a good boy."

Zero: "Be crushed to dust you relic."

Magneto: "The brave are always the first to die."

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overall, another good episode. Ironic that Suzaku, the very person that refused to fire at Lelouch in the previous episode, ends up actually fighting him by use of the Lancelot unit, although they don't realize it. I also enjoyed Clovis' encounter with Lelouch, and how shocked Clovis seemed when Lelouch explained to him who he is.

XOMiss_Samantha is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lulu's sudden change of attitude sure is nice. Ego trips for the win, ya?
    The maniacal laugh right after Lulu begins to take the advantage was well done. That was good JYB. pravo.

LLOYD!!!What a dork. A sarcastic dork :3 He makes this show amusing.
    Suzaku has pretty eyes.
    Crispin does an amazing job. Did I mention Suzaku's eyes?

Lulu is basically a tactical genius. Maybe I should learn chess.
    hah im such a Shinichiro Tamaki fan. Him and his constant screaming and complaining.

Curse you, family blood lines! ruining the brotherly love. Or lack of love.
    Last edited by XOMiss_Samantha; 05-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What? No preview. HOW DARE THEY!

None the less, lulus laugh is better with the Japanese VA but oh well, what you gona do?
    Last edited by bigdeath; 05-02-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Captain Highwind is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the episode that hooked me.

I love anime tactical chess games. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Highwind View Post

I love anime chess games. ^^
    Oh, yes. I was sold by this eppy as well.

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
    Oh, yes. I was sold by this eppy as well.
    Same here.

I'm getting sick of them cutting out the ending stuff but hey what are you gonna do
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, give it up to JYB to proving us wrong.
    He's got the laugh down.
    It was truly fantastic
    Something Brad Swaile's Light will have to prove to me is good right at the end.

Kirk Thornton's Ogi sounded pretty good, didn't think it we be all that great but it was.

Liam's Lloyd is great and Yuri's Suzaku is on key.
    Things are going great for the dub.

I'll post the link to the Episode 3 Preview when Bandai gets it up.
    Twitter / Tumblr
    Toonami. The first and still the best. 03/17/97-09/20/08, 04/01/12, 05/26/12-
    Rurouni Kenshin 15th Anniversary Thread

Rolling Cloud is offline ...too early....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Highwind View Post

I love anime tactical chess games. ^^
    Yeah, that had to have been the best part. And, Clovis is Lelouch's half-older brother? Interesting, very interesting.
    Last edited by Rolling Cloud; 05-02-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: made mistake. ><
    My Facebook
    Kick her ass outta bed and tell her to sleep on the horribly uncomfortable futon like everyone else who crashes here. XD -Sparticus

It taught me that one plus one equals one on a bun -.bg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud55 View Post
    And, Clovis is Lelouch's half-older brother?
    I remember that when I first watch this eppy that I thought lulu was lying and just impersonating someone he wasn't. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. And from that moment on I was hooked and I desperately needed to watch the next eppy. :anime:

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode. I'm now really interested to learn more about Lulu. The mecha battles in this episode easily outdoes any Gundam series and are almost on par with EVA. There wasn't too much politics and a lot more character drama. I think I'm really starting to see what all the fuss is about.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's certainly better than the last episode... but I still feel a sense of apathy when watching. I mean, yeah, he's winning, and now he's fighting, and now he's being smart, and so forth, but I really don't care about what happens. To be honest, other than the completely over-the-top bad guys that are hilarious and fun to watch, I see no real appeal.

But hey, it's on between Death Note and Shin-Chan, so I guess I have no real excuse not to watch it... still, it hasn't risen very high above complete mediocrity to me. Is this really the best it gets?

P.S. - Am I the only one who gets REALLY annoyed by the technobabble whenever a mech is booting up or something? "Vitals low, all thrusters online" while there's weird beeps and quick shots of the various people involved. I find a a lot of anime cliches bearable, but for some reason I really hate that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
    Well, it's certainly better than the last episode... but I still feel a sense of apathy when watching. I mean, yeah, he's winning, and now he's fighting, and now he's being smart, and so forth, but I really don't care about what happens. To be honest, other than the completely over-the-top bad guys that are hilarious and fun to watch, I see no real appeal.

But hey, it's on between Death Note and Shin-Chan, so I guess I have no real excuse not to watch it... still, it hasn't risen very high above complete mediocrity to me. Is this really the best it gets?

P.S. - Am I the only one who gets REALLY annoyed by the technobabble whenever a mech is booting up or something? "Vitals low, all thrusters online" while there's weird beeps and quick shots of the various people involved. I find a a lot of anime cliches bearable, but for some reason I really hate that one.
    Answer to first question: Absolutely not

Response to P.S.-you aren't alone buddy. I really find that extremely annoying. Yes I can understand that there is a lot that goes into starting up a futuristic machine and I can understand expressing that reality and complexity, but do you really think we have to hear it? Or at least all of it? Like just one or two lines saying its starting up would be fine. I felt the same way with Evangelion.
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    johnny139:

I don't know if you'll like the show then because while the action gets more intense and there's plenty of character development its essentially the same formula in use. But if your willing to watch go right ahead. That formula being a lot of Lelouch and his plans and how he deals with the unknown.

Response to P.S.-

Blame people like me because I love techno talk when they launch. Thats one of the reasons I love the new Battlestar Galactica, the way they show the raptors launching and all thats involved in that (plus the maintenance).

FightingDreamer is offline Mutant on the Rise
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool.
    -This is Sunrise's best-looking, best-moving show in ages. Love the little animation touches like Lelouch twirling the chess piece.
    -Lelouch is way cooler than Light (he gets to pilot friggin' mechs! Beat that, Kira!), and he doesn't make me want to punch his lights out every time he opens his mouth. This may be because, to some extent, he actually understands the value of consequences (I refer to his line, "Of course. Real battle is always different..."), and that he goes out of his way to save the "terrorists" when he's threatening Clovis, and makes sure that nothing else is destroyed, or no one else is killed by the Britannians.
    -Speaking of which, that scene is a neat little bit of misdirection. You think that he's using the Geass until Clovis says, "There. Are you satisfied?" At which point it's revealed that Lelouch is just holding him at gunpoint.
    -Me after Lelouch's reveal at the end of the episode: "Ah, the plot thickens..."
    -I am beginning to think that Amy Kincaid, the actress who voices Shirley, either really has a lisp or is being directed to use one in her performance. If it's the latter, I have no idea why. The rest of the dub is awesome, and I continue to smile at actors such as Sam Regal, Liam O'Brien, Crispin Freeman, Peter Spellos, and occasionally Mr. Bosch getting to unleash their inner ham.

I continue to be intrigued by Code Geass.
    “Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."-Pauline Kael

purplehairedwonder is offline No woman should suffer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wee, I <3 the White Knight.

The dub continues to be pretty good. I'm still not loving Shirley or Kallen, but everyone else sounds good. Liam's Lloyd is fabulous. Completely spot on and over the top like he should be. Yuri's Suzaku is perfect and JYB really let loose on a laugh this episode that sold me. I thought he sounded good before but that really put me over the edge.

I love the scene where Suzaku wakes up to Lloyd and Cecil and within the span of a few moments becomes a Knightmare pilot (wee, suiting up scene ). And the Lancelot is badass. His launch is awesome and I lol'd at it knocking Lloyd over. Speaking of Lloyd, I've always thought the way he references Suzaku as a piece of equipment to fit into the Lancelot is... interesting. Definitely shows his mindset compared to most people

And dun dun dun, Lelouch made it all the way through to Clovis and reveals that he is royalty and was assumed dead. It's crazy to think that Lelouch went from playing chess a few hours earlier to holding Clovis at gunpoint.

TZ's resident fangirl queen

Find me:
    LJ | FF.N | AO3 | Tumblr | Twitter | Hypable

ReWatchable Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehairedwonder View Post
    Wee, I <3 the White Knight.

And dun dun dun, Lelouch made it all the way through to Clovis and reveals that he is royalty and was assumed dead. It's crazy to think that Lelouch went from playing chess a few hours earlier to holding Clovis at gunpoint.
    I know right? Looking back at this show, you wonder how the heck did he do that in the span of two episodes

-"Bang"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    I know right? Looking back at this show, you wonder how the heck did he do that in the span of two episodes
    Also, remember that those two episodes span only about a few hours in one day.

dawnyoshi is offline Lurking and hating since 2002!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Major change in opinion. I'm currently halfway through the second episode. Really starting to like it.

Okay. Really likeing this. Can't wait for next week's episode. The designs parallel a few older animes (somewhat of X, the white/black parallel between the guy piloting Lancelot and Lelouce if that's how his name is spelled).

Also, something I forgot to mention last week: woah, first Clamp thing I've seen on AS. Wowzers!
    Matt is right. Television now officially sucks. This factor was finalized when Cartoon Network's age-old "Jim Carrey Network" joke from a decade ago became a reality.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast