toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Squidbillies - "Mephistopheles" [12/17]

Like This Thread!
    Another episode of everyone's favorite hillbilly squid family airs tonight at 12:00 pm Eastern.

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I do have to hand it to Brendom Small for making some nice guitar licks for this episode. And I do like some of Early's preformence in Church, Rusty's confusion on selling his soul, the sherrif's appearence, as well as Early selling his soul at the end to beat Rusty. Still a lot of this rambled on about death and bleeding and Satan a bit too long. Memo to squdbillies director: we know you obviously love the devil in some form, but that stuff's kind of been done. In Metalopcalypse, and Lucy Daughter Of The Devil, and even Aqua Teens in a way. Hell Futurama probably did the best job at the whole "sell your soul and settle it with a musical dual' sort of thing back when it was on AS but this was pretty meh. Lyrics about melting faces and killing the innocent are only funny for so long (wow I have a horrible sense of humor) and this didn't really twist it too well. So this is actually the weakest Squidbillies of the season. The music was good but uh the writing on this one could of defintley been a lot better.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Kitschensyngk is online now wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Squidbillies episode 25, "Mephistopheles Traveled Below to a Southern State Whose Motto is 'Wisdom, Justice and Moderation'".
    Based on the hit song from the country group who is similar to but is legally distinct from the Charlie Daniels Band.

The golden fiddle was too much for the animation budget, I guess.

Brendon Small? More like Rusty sold his soul to Dethklok.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

v1cious is offline Haters gonna hate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is that Peter Frampton?
    "With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I put down my pen. Well, I'll be leaving now." R.I.P Satoshi Kon 1963-2010

btv
    btv is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very interesting episode and fairly funny. The whole premise is a bit overused though, especially in a block filled with religious-based tomfoolery (Lucy, Morel, Futurama, etc.).

B+

Lutochris is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was this actually Brendon Small playing the guitar tracks? I assumed it might be Matt Maillero.