toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gobias is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! - "Robin" [01/04]

Like This Thread!

Tim & Eric apparently hate Robin Williams (I guess his comedy is the antithesis of Tim & Eric's). I knew they were going to do this episode because of an interview they did a while back, and have been looking forward to this one since. It didn't disappoint.

My favorite part was that look that guy was giving them and the audience in the last skit. He reminded me of the haters of Tim & Eric since he looked like he didn't get their improv at all, and thought the whole audience was crazy for liking it. Kind of meta-y.

Please buy my books.

Moto Pete is offline Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Dunngan was great

Rainn Wilson was a good skit

Was Dave Narvarro in on the joke?
    2008, 2010 & 2011 TOONZONE FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION
    Owner: Moto Pete

****** Now 2009 Guidelines compliant ****

Gobias is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Pete View Post
    Was Dave Narvarro in on the joke?
    I think so.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tim and Eric's humor the antithesis of Robin Williams? After seeing Robin Williams' stand up routines, I don't see how that's a good thing for those two. (Although I'll be perfectly happy if it meant hatred towards Patch Adams and Bicentennial Man)
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

btv
    btv is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really funny episode. Favorite part was just the Robin Williams plot.

A

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My very own Robin Williams!

Those Cinco guys always know what you don't really need.

Hope Robin's been housetrained.

What's "Zwui Dunkel Jungen" mean?

Never mind.

Awww. Happy ending.

The guy with the beard must be a Robin Williams fan.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Lutochris is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Tim and Eric's humor the antithesis of Robin Williams? After seeing Robin Williams' stand up routines, I don't see how that's a good thing for those two. (Although I'll be perfectly happy if it meant hatred towards Patch Adams and Bicentennial Man)
    Tim & Eric already have their own Robin Williams - James Quall.

Do they actually "hate" Robin Williams?

I want the Dungeon's theme music.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wrong yet right, right yet wrong. Beyond evil, below good, and further proof of Freudian logic, this Tim and Eric has classified itself as a cavalcade of enlightenment.

I saw no hate in Robin Williams. I saw love. Erotic love.

Gobias is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutochris View Post
    Tim & Eric already have their own Robin Williams - James Quall.

I want the Dungeon's theme music.
    I believe they said they didn't like him in an interview a while back. I don't know if they necessarily hate him (I doubt they do), but they probably do hate his comedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw the promo for next week's episode. Looks pretty good, Jeff Goldblum is back, Tim & Eric have a new business venture on the "Innernett", and it looks like Bob O & David Cross appear in a sketch together (worth the price of admission alone).

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to their interview with the AV Club, Tim thinks Robin Williams is garbage and everything that's wrong with comedy.

To that I just say, compare Tim and Eric's standup performances to some of Robin Williams stand up (His performance on Broadway a few years back is a great example). It's like comparing some of the really bad Amanda Show skits Nick used to play to the early 90's Saturday Night Live. There is no comparison in delivery, humor, and content.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're right, they are about that much better than Robin Williams.

And while I don't totally disagree with Tim, I wish they'd be a little more careful about making enemies this early in their careers. As sad as it is, they're pretty low on the pecking order still. And they're certainly not Matt 'n Trey, meaning they can't say whatever the hell they want about anyone without worry since anyone who disagrees with them will be seen as humorless and uncool.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not going to go back and forth about how RW > T&E, but they also mentioned Billy Crystal as another comedian they thought was garbage.

I suppose "Making people laugh consistently" is equivalent to garbage for them. It's not humor unless it involves lots of awkward pausing and silence.
    Last edited by Beat; 01-12-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd just like to point out that Carlos Mencia, Jim Belushi, and Larry the Cable Guy also make certain people laugh consistently.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a difference between lowbrow laughs (Robot Chicken) and doing something like Robin Williams' stand up where he receives nothing but praise from everyone's who's seen it, and Tim and Eric's stand up where most critics hate it.

pyromanaic414 is offline I Can Change This.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd just like to point out that Carlos Mencia, Jim Belushi, and Larry the Cable Guy also make certain people laugh consistently.
    does Carlos make people laugh with his own material, or with other peoples jokes?

and i dont find him funny at all..but maybe thats just me.

Tim & Eric>Carlos Mencia.

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tim and Eric's stand up where most critics hate it.
    Do you have any critic reviews of Tim and Eric's stand up?

Aaron_bhkk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a difference between lowbrow laughs (Robot Chicken) and doing something like Robin Williams' stand up where he receives nothing but praise from everyone's who's seen it, and Tim and Eric's stand up where most critics hate it.
    There's no way Robin Williams receives nothing but praise, especially in this day and age, and it's really entirely an apples to oranges comparison because Tim and Eric are just out there trying something different and have a dedicate niche of fans that they are playing to. Also, they are not the first to attack good ol' Robin in some type of comedic way, so would you really assault the credibility of anybody who did so or are you just looking for more ways to dislike two people with whom you frequently concern yourself far too much?

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not even. I don't like everything RW has done, but there's something to be said about those in glass houses throwing stones.

Gobias is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and Tim and Eric's stand up where most critics hate it.
    Read this thread.

Tim & Eric aren't universally hated (anymore). Slowly, they're gaining more fans. The whole bitter hatred thing for Tim & Eric is getting old to be honest (I'm not necessarily saying you hate them that much, but go on the Adult Swim official forums and there's always a guy on there complaining about them.).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast