toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

livingfruitvirus is offline No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Metalocalypse news: Dethalbum, DVD in summer 07

Like This Thread!

This from their myspace update tonight:

TONIGHT- IT BEGINS 11:45 pm [adult swim]

See what people are calling the best episode of the season.

I will say no more.

But I will answer 3 questions.

1. The DETHALBUM.

We went in the studio on Tuesday to begin laying it down. What to expect: Your favorite songs from the show in FULL LENGTH- No more 1 minute songs with a fade out but FULL LENGTH SONGS in all of their brutality- (with new sections you've never heard). There may be some new surprises on the CD (more to come on that). Also a couple key words in putting the CD together: Gene Hoglan (if you don't know him then do some research and begin buying his entire library). Release date: Summer 07. Yes you will have to wait. But it will be more than worth it. I will leak more info as I have it including track listing etc. . . So start looking fwd to the summer.

2. The DVD. also summer. Yes It's going to kick ass.

3. Is there going to be a second season. I can't tell you. But watch the end of tonight's episode and pay close attention to the last words uttered.

also people ask often about merch. we have it. Go online and find it. It's out there. and there will be much much more of that to come.

On a final note as the season ends I wanted to say you people kick ass, me and toki, skwisgaar, pickles, and murderface appreciate the hell out of you supporting us. THANK YOU. We're gonna see each other soon. Keep supporting all the metal bands out there and help us to make everything metal.

You may now go die,

But don't die too soon,

Nathan Explosion
    http://www.myspace.com/dethklok

Draft is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THANK YOU!!!!

Well, can anyone help me convince my parents that this isn't really TV-MA, so i can buy the DVD and CD(well, i'm taping all 20 eps on the marathon, but i'd rather have the DVD set..)

The Myst is offline Truthiness for Springfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see that on there.
    "The category is Hydromagnetic Magnetoidal Dimensions. When travelling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths to the nearest moulton? Be specific, this is a real question." - Ned Hastings

"It is I, Cloneborg! I have come to destroy you!" -
    Cloneborg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Overlord View Post
    Well, can anyone help me convince my parents that this isn't really TV-MA, so i can buy the DVD and CD
    You'll be 17 by the time it's out and they won't let you have it? That's the minimum age limit for TV-MA. Do you live in Greenville, MS?

Ackar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So was this an update only registered myspacers could see? Because I couldn't find it on their site.

The Myst is offline Truthiness for Springfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    So was this an update only registered myspacers could see? Because I couldn't find it on their site.
    I'm registered. It's not there.
    "The category is Hydromagnetic Magnetoidal Dimensions. When travelling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths to the nearest moulton? Be specific, this is a real question." - Ned Hastings

"It is I, Cloneborg! I have come to destroy you!" -
    Cloneborg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a bullitin sent to their friends. I got it.
    Opinions. By nature, none and all are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
    I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another update. This one's from Gene Hoglan of Strapping Young Lad.

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season. And, to answer a bunch of your emails about myself playing drums on the new DETHKLOK album. Indeed, I am, and it's turning into quite a ripping record! Brendon Small (the 'Metalocalypse' creator) and I have been ensconsed at Bomb Shelter Studios in L.A. (with Ulrich Wild manning the helm) for the past couple of weeks, and so far I've tracked about 15 songs. And, right after the New Year, I'll get back in and fire off hopefully another 6-8. All the tunes you've heard from Season 1 will be represented, as well as a ton from Season 2. All of which will be getting released on the DETHKLOK soundtrack album in summer. Let me tell ya, this is no mere 'cartoon metal' project, either. Of course it'll have its humor (man, what album have I recorded lately HASN'T?), but Brendon, being a Berklee School of Music graduate, as well as a MAJOR metal fan (those of you who have seen the show know what I'm talking about), is pumpin' out some freakishly heavy tunes, and I don't think there will be any disappointed metal fans who listen to this. But then again, what do I know? I can't account for most people's taste these days...

Djm912 is offline GREETINGS, GENTLEVIEWERS!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gene Hoglan?

There is no way this won't rock.

Conekiller is offline On the Cruise!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When's that marathon?

Remembering Ben Feld,
    AKA Shogunthethird.
    A great friend, taken before his time.
    Memorial Thread