toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

The Myst is offline Truthiness for Springfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you think The White Shadow was real?

Like This Thread!

Or was he all in Huey's head?

I think he was real. Just like he told Huey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.
    "The category is Hydromagnetic Magnetoidal Dimensions. When travelling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths to the nearest moulton? Be specific, this is a real question." - Ned Hastings

"It is I, Cloneborg! I have come to destroy you!" -
    Cloneborg

Furu is offline PSI Rockin'
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Myst

I think he was real. Just like he told Huey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.
    With one sequel to a Season 1 episode already written for Season 2, I really hope we get some follow-up on this.

As for the White Shadow, I think it's a bit of a mindscrew for Huey, and maybe he does really think he's less important than he is.

Or maybe he's just a paranoid little kid. It's happened!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Myst

I think it'll be answered in S2.

Ultra Mike is offline 1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure The White Shadow's Real. Him and his hoard of Minority hating Supervillians are fighting for white dominancey and only... oh wait you don't mean from Minorteam. (Sorry but SOMEONE had to make that refrence).

As for the guy from the Boondocks, I think it's dependent. There is probably someone out to get Huey who knows of all the stuff he does, but even if it is the White Shadow man, some of the times you saw him appear to Huey it wasn't really him, it was Huey's own paranoia. (The Boondocks world is semi realistic afterall, so I doubt someone would just be able to disappear out of thin air like that, espically if they're too old to introduce themselves to the person they're spying on). I'm sure we'll see this White Shadow person again though, but it may not even be in S2 if we know just how real he is or not. Time will tell.
    Well That's 1000 Posts Down And...

... Guess However many left I have until I get too annoying to be kept around and got banned or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting idea. Yeah, after thinking, I think he's both real and unreal...purposefully feeding Huey some paranoia so that Huey starts seeing him elsewhere later.

Actually that sounds like a pretty plausible tactic. I wonder if our government has actually done that before...
    http://www.freeipods.com/?r=7958201
    Just two more to go! Help me out people - this'll be my portable storage for my Digital Media classes!

Zyzzybalubah is offline The Best of Friends
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mike
    Sure The White Shadow's Real. Him and his hoard of Minority hating Supervillians are fighting for white dominancey and only... oh wait you don't mean from Minorteam. (Sorry but SOMEONE had to make that refrence).
    No no no! The White Shadow was some TV series in the 1970s http://www.tv.com/the-white-shadow/s...e+White+Shadow

As for the Boondocks, I don't know. lol

Artimus Gigan is offline Aeris Fries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is quite obvious that the white shadow is infact Gatchaman

I mean they even say so in the theme song

JCorey3rd is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was in a bar a few years back and i heard this voice asking me something. I swore I knew the voice, but couldn't peg him. I turned around. It was John C. McGinley asking me about what was on the bar TV. The White Shadow is real.

Ace Goodheart is offline Strong, Digilent, Fearless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *flies into thread*

Sometimes we are five, sometimes only one......
    The mysterious White Shadow that steers close to its prey........
    Shadow warriors of justice, the Science Ninja Team!!!
    United, we are G-FOR- I mean Gatchaman!!!!

Thought I was the only one to have instantly thought about Gatchaman..........

havokpryde is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was his way

The White Shadow's existance cannot be definitively proven or not. It is a matter of faith. It was the author's view of God when you think about it. For example the toothfairy was real to Jasmine but not to Huey. The White Shadow was real to Huey but not to Jasmine. Although neither could prove the existance of the imaginary friends, they held it is as a matter of fact of their existence. So to prove the existance of the White Shadow would be like proving God or the tooth fairy exists.

Or it could be another fiasco like the Stewie's gayness or Hobbes existence. The writers of Family Guy said that Stewie is neither one or the other, just whatever is funnier. Likewise the truth about Hobbes was never revealed because some people saw Hobbes as a stuffed doll, whilst Calvin would get sratches and marks from Hobbes that assumably he couldn't do to himself. The author in the end did whatever was funnier.

Djm912 is offline GREETINGS, GENTLEVIEWERS!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely believe that the White Shadow is real.

Although, I see quite a lot of myself in Huey.