Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Parco is offline Just Say N/O
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for info on weapons seen on GITS:SAC

Like This Thread!
    Does anyone know if there's a listing anywhere that gives the official names and specs of the weapons seen in Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, especially the weapons used by Section 9?

Artimus Gigan is offline Aeris Fries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parco
    Does anyone know if there's a listing anywhere that gives the official names and specs of the weapons seen in Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, especially the weapons used by Section 9?
    Go read Intron Depot: Bullets

most of the weapons in the series are made-up, very few are actual fire-arms

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus Gigan
    Damn, I was hoping to get a mecha over at Wal-Mart.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Paul_Cousins is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    Damn, I was hoping to get a mecha over at Wal-Mart.
    Wal-mart, yea right... A mech would be a heavy equipment vehicle. You would have a better chance of finding one at Caterpillar for rent or buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Artimus Gigan
    Actually, barring the cybernetic technology, a lot of the weapon technologies in the series is actually downgraded compared to some of the weapons be developed right now in real life.

For example, I read two years ago the UK military is working on an energy shield for tanks. Last I heard two years ago, the tank using the prototype shield in a test was able to withstand 10 direct hit from a RPG and still function.

Now that's cool...

Sampo is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At first I thought the below was a XM8 Lightweight Assault Rifle (image from the episode Not Equal). Original post here Link.

After thinking about it, it does remind me of another gun... But I dunno what it is. That is an amazing rifle though. If Togusa, who has no major cybernetic implants, can use it with one hand... Dang!

Parco is offline Just Say N/O
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about that monster anti-tank gun we've seen Batou and the Major bust out with a couple of times? I'm pretty sure that's not a real weapon but I was wondering if it had a name and what sort of ammo it uses.

Delthayre is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Automatic nerds

I'm not sure what the assault rifle it. It does resemble the XM-8, but the grip reminds me of the P90.

Major Kusanagi gave the name of a weapon when impersonating the Laughing Man. I can't remember what she said, only that it ended with, "special."

What about that monster anti-tank gun we've seen Batou and the Major bust out with a couple of times? I'm pretty sure that's not a real weapon but I was wondering if it had a name and what sort of ammo it uses.
    I don't remember any anti-tank guns. Are you referring to the heavy sniper-rifle, the one that Major Kusanagi goes crazy on the guy in the suit with?

In that case, that type of gun is real (a good example is the Barrett Model M99), the Coast Guard uses them to shoot out the engine blocks on suspect boats (and I'm sure there are other uses among the other branches), but I can't peg a precise make.
    “What is earnest is not always true; on the contrary, error is often more earnest than truth.”
    ~Benjamin Disraeli

Keldran is offline 20th Century Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well yeah probably not a real gun but there are rifles out there that use rediculously large caliber bullets. Here is a good example, as well as here.

Artimus Gigan is offline Aeris Fries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bah there are air pressure system blow guns still being made

their rounds look like a soda can...imageine getting hit with one of those...

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthayre
    I don't remember any anti-tank guns. Are you referring to the heavy sniper-rifle, the one that Major Kusanagi goes crazy on the guy in the suit with?
    I think the person ment the giant gattling gun-like weapon Batou used a few weeks ago when Section 9 was invaded.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast