toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tom Goes to the Mayor - "Boy Meets Mayor" [5/1]

Like This Thread!

hehe its like boy meets girl
    ~_~

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Landstander
    hehe its like boy meets girl
    What about Boy Meets World?
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

vegetable is offline tastes good with buffalo sauce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I came to watch Boy Eats World.

One thing about this show. Why does everyone clap like that? I've never seen that ever.

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suddenly have a deep urge to become a professional Hot Air Balloon person.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Space Ghost has been cancelled, and this show is still on.

I hate this show with every fiber of my being. Adult Swim, air something else, anything else. Bonus Stage, Fafner, Panda-Z, Godannar, Seafood Commissioner, Stripperella, I don't care. Just cancel this show.

Does this show even qualify as animation? Almost 1/2 of it is live-action segments.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Rabi~en~Rose is offline idolmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats one very weird scandal brought to you buy the weird married news team the Mayor sure cares for sandals! hot air balloon madness is funny but those postcards Tom has keep getting grosser LOL at Team Mayor throwing the kid overboard and then killing Sandalman!! that was great and Tom won for once!

jbanks97 is offline Do Dah Doo Doo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow

Show's not even over yet........
    and yet here we are with yet another Beatdigga post "I Hate this with every fiber of my being

Here's a breathtaking original thought

Since you've hated every week of the show-STOP WATCHING

Juu-kuchi is offline Everypony's Starry-Eyed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I suddenly have a deep urge to become a professional Hot Air Balloon person.
    Same here.

Great episode. Absolutely absurd to the nth degree.

Chad Bonin is offline a.k.a. Knux Five
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, a good'n. The random throwing of Shamus out the balloon, Tom's disturbing postcard images...

and...

The Sex Tape.
    gaijINside
    Comics, video games, animation, gadgets, sci-fi.
    You're multifaceted. So are we.
    AND WE'RE HIRING

Perfect Cell is offline Ninjas are totally sweet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdigga

I hate this show with every fiber of my being. Adult Swim, air something else, anything else. Bonus Stage, Fafner, Panda-Z, Godannar, Seafood Commissioner, Stripperella, I don't care. Just cancel this show.

Does this show even qualify as animation? Almost 1/2 of it is live-action segments.
    Well weve got Sealab reruns...

The show ends with the deaf boy dead... Wow Genius comedy!
    But if i must i am a hunter of peace ,who chases the mayfly known as love... Vash the Stampede

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbanks97
    Wow

Show's not even over yet........
    and yet here we are with yet another Beatdigga post "I Hate this with every fiber of my being

Here's a breathtaking original thought

Since you've hated every week of the show-STOP WATCHING
    I don't watch it! There's a morbid pleasure in watching bad Sealabs, but I can at least enjoy myself in an MST3K kinda way. Tom has no such value.

But I did watch Space Ghost being cancelled.
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

GMB
    GMB is offline Thanks Ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RIP Seamus, 12:00-12:15

I was wondering if we'd see "Married News Team" again. They're just as disturbing and entertaining as before.

Man, the Sandal-man dresses like an extra on "Deadwood." It was good to see Odenkirk get a featured role and the whole ballooning flashback was pretty funny.

The episode got a little flabby around the middle, but Married News Team picked it right back up and it kept on being funny to the end. The fact that Tom wasn't the focus of most of the episode's abuse (more a hostage to the mayor's insanity, the role he's much more funny in) was also much appreciated.

A lot better than last week's. I kinda agree with Master Moron's post last week that the show could use a foil to play against the insanity of everyone else in the show and make it a little less of the Tom Peters Flagellation Fifteen, but the show would be just as well served if every episode was of this quality. A big step in the right direction. B-
    -LS
    "Nothing lasts forever, so why not destroy it now?"

The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eh

I was pretty meh on this one. Tom is definetely back and forth; I thought last week was pretty funny, week before that bad, etc.

They should try to avoid kid characters.

So, I'm 4/4 on Tom.

For the love of God man, you hate the show, we get it. Stop mentioning it in EVERY POST (and yes this is a talkback but that was a general statement)
    ~_~

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sick of complaining...

Done.

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tom Finally had something good happen to him for once, unbelieveable. This was my favorite ep of tom yet.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Delthayre is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very good... for Tom Goes to the Mayor

Well, that was all right. This show still hasn't done anything remarkable, but it seems to be evening into some respectable consistency. There's just something about the tone and feel of this show that I like, so it's satisfying when the actual writing tries to live up to that.

It was good to see the married news team return. They are weirdly disturbing, but they certainly liven things up.

**** out of ****
    “What is earnest is not always true; on the contrary, error is often more earnest than truth.”
    ~Benjamin Disraeli

Demonic Raven is offline Your galaxy is already shining
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh. Lots of fun to be had in this episode.

I ws cracking up at the live-action segments, and when we saw Tom and the Mayor with those huge beards going insane. Tom actually didn't get the shaft like usual, this time it was the deaf kid

Tons of LOL moments, 9/10

shoujoaifan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty funny, although I think I lost some respect for Tom and the Mayor for throwing the kid over. Kinda hipocritical that Tom would say tossing the kid was wrong, but do it anyway, and then plan on adopting the kid, who then dies. I can like dark humor, but the end seemed more shock value for shock value's sake...although the kid singing while falling was funny.

( Huh. Maybe I'm being hipocritical.....okay, that's enough thinking for one comedy show, let alone this one )
    Want to see what genre Mystery Science Theater 3000 evolved out of? www.horrorhosts.com will explain both past and present. I DARE you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow this show is just so on and off. I loved the whole first season except for Tootleday, liked Porcelain Birds, and didnt like this episode of Vehicular Manslaughter. I like dark comedy and TGTTM is good at it, but this episode just bored me. Hopefully next week will be better. The upcoming episodes have to be really good for this season to be better than the last one.

There will never be another "Arrested Development."

Zyzzybalubah is offline The Best of Friends
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gonna watch it again, but I felt for once that this Tom wasn't as funny as usual. I loved how The Mayor was with that band boy. I thought it was funny how they also had to throw the boy overboard. But other than that and some of the live action segments it wasn't as funny as other Tom episodes. It was bizzare but other than that, nothing too wacky as usual. So I guess I would say for me Tom has been 6-2 (besides this one, I didn't care for the WW Lazers episode thanks to the Mayor's nephew.)

Edit: Okay so I watched it again and I basically felt the same about it. It wasn't as funny as some of the other episodes I've seen (last week's and the previous week's for example.) One plus for it actually doing a bit of a different story and actually having Tom be safe in the end.
    Last edited by Zyzzybalubah; 05-02-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast