toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Venture Brothers - "Trial of the Monarch" [10/23]

Like This Thread!

Fun Fact: This is the 13th produced episode, and (most likely) was made as a season finale. However we still have one more episode next week.

edit: or maybe not. Read below.
    ~_~

bluedeucedodge is offline Went out on Top
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My new favorite quote: "Im gonna be working harder than a cat trying to bury a turd on a marble floor."
    "This Stewart guy, man I'm gonna tell you, I don't know what's going on there. He's coming down the back straightaway with his finger out the window and just giving me the bird all the way down the straightaway after he run me through the fence. I'd like to take that finger and jam it right up his rear end, I'll tell you cuz he's messing with the wrong guy with that mouth right now." - Rusty Wallace

Arcturus is offline 20,000 bear traps
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha what a fantastic opening, and got to love that little freak from total recall showing up as a southern lawyer.

Anyone who reads the comic Planetary, you catch a similar vibe from the guilds headquarters? Think it was the swirly red stuff that made me think of it.

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    .. giant hair dryers are a great source of comedy value.

PaQ
    PaQ is offline Believe it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Mecha-shiva! Mecha-shiva!" lol..

"They can see your dirty pillows"

Pretty enjoyable Venture Brothers so far.

Amongst the Leaves

"Are you still alive or what?"

maximumzero is offline A Custom What Now?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1) Wow, that intro went from weird to weirder to...weirderer.

2) No title sequence...odd. Is this a first?

3) Heh, looks like Birdman has some competition.

4) Gotta love those henchmen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    phantom limb returns. MMMM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    pounding his invisible meat hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow, that's got to be the least concealing outfit i've seen in a while.
    and brock had an awkward moment there. nice.

and need i even mention the elephant faced guard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A++++

Jesus, I couldn't think they'd be able to top stuff like Ice Station Impossible but wow. Just non stop hilarious bits, some great background on the Guild of Calamitous Intent, some cool stuff done in the animation (the live action on the screens) and a pretty intriguing ending. Goofy as it sounds I honestly wonder what's going to happen with the Monarch.

Really can't praise this episode and show anymore, just have to say if this gets cancelled I will manifest myself into an energy being and level 3/4 of the continental United States.

bluedeucedodge is offline Went out on Top
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is but one word to describe Venture Brothers: Freakin' Brilliant. That was a great episode of Venture Bros. It contained a heap of lines that will linger in my brain for years to come. I SURE hope that this show doesn't get cancelled.
    "This Stewart guy, man I'm gonna tell you, I don't know what's going on there. He's coming down the back straightaway with his finger out the window and just giving me the bird all the way down the straightaway after he run me through the fence. I'd like to take that finger and jam it right up his rear end, I'll tell you cuz he's messing with the wrong guy with that mouth right now." - Rusty Wallace

Sandoz is offline Thin Man Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww. If The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend couldn't make it, what hope do any of us have in this crazy world?

Very awesome episode. Loved Dr. Orpheus and the Necronomicon, and Hank's "Do you think it's a cry for help?" moment.
    "As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness that was very pleasurable, until I realized that it wasn't a nectarine at all, but a HUMAN HEAD."
    ~Jack Handey

GMB
    GMB is offline Thanks Ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The "Raiders" parody ruled. *L* "My arm came off! I can't beleive that happened!"

And Imaginary Monarch ruled even more than usual. In fact the whole dream sequence ruled. Especially since they busted out SHADING for it. Just. . .ruled.

And. . .no intro? Hm. This must be an important episode

This episode kept wandering back and forth, but when it stayed on Monarch it seemed more "on" than when we dithered around with Dr. Girlfriend. Some people like Phantom Limb, but I'm not one of them. Tho Orpheus picked it up a few notches, and I give them all credit for soft-pedaling Brock and Dr. Venture for a bit.

Oh wow, a cliffhanger, sorta. Hopefully they'll get a second season--the numbers are finally catching up which means the audience is finding the show. This episode was pretty good--it didn't hold together quite as well as "Past Tense" from last week, not some of the other episodes, but still pretty good nonetheless.

Why is this courtroom drama so damn much better than 98% of Harvey Birdman's last season? Let's call it a B.
    -LS
    "Nothing lasts forever, so why not destroy it now?"

The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Approved

This was a good one, nice way to end the season. Funny (though definetely not the funniest), very good story, some neat animation, and without having to focus on Brock a ton.

GG
    ~_~

USMcD is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Landstander
    Fun Fact: This is the 13th produced episode, and (most likely) was made as a season finale. However we still have one more episode next week.
    Well, no.

While this is the 13th episode actually produced, it was never intended as the season finale. Next week's episode was always intended to wrap up the season - you'll see...

maximumzero is offline A Custom What Now?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The more I watch this show the more it makes me miss "The Tick!"

...too bad Adult Swim won't pick it up.

USMcD is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FYI - VB **has not** been picked up for a second season yet. [as] is taking their time - which, unfortunately, means that new episodes won't be ready for a long, long time.

Here's a good analogy for you - if it gets renewed, start thinking of Venture Bros as The Sopranos of [as].

If you love the show, it's not a bad idea to write to [as] and let them know ASAP... Might want to tell your friends, too.

Smitty is offline I shall return!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMcD
    FYI - VB **has not** been picked up for a second season yet. [as] is taking their time - which, unfortunately, means that new episodes won't be ready for a long, long time.

Here's a good analogy for you - if it gets renewed, start thinking of Venture Bros as The Sopranos of [as].

If you love the show, it's not a bad idea to write to [as] and let them know ASAP... Might want to tell your friends, too.
    It has damn good ratings, it would be total dumbassery if they don't renew it.

Great episode all around, let's see references to Stiv Bators (lead singer of the classic but underrated punk band The Dead Boys), Lydia Lunch (splatterpunk author) and Frank Frazetta (fantasy artist, specialized in scantily clad women).

-cs™
    I have the The Venture Bros. theme as a wav file. Who wants it?

Nik Jam is offline Playing the Angel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    B++, Was pretty funny, but not very interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus

Really can't praise this episode and show anymore, just have to say if this gets cancelled I will manifest myself into an energy being and level 3/4 of the continental United States.
    hey , if you do that... save me wyoming at least. that i have.. my own plans for.

and don't touch louisiana, ok? i love that state.. more than i love a lot of things.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast