Today is the day! Destiny’s second DLC pack, House of Wolves, is officially ready for download, featuring new multiplayer maps, new co-op activities and a new social space, The Reef.
House of Wolves contains the Prison of Elders, a competitive battle arena where you and two friends face increasingly difficult enemies for increasingly greater rewards, and the Trials of Osiris, a new 3×3 elimination event held weekly. It also raises the limit of Light Levels to 34, and adds new Legendary, Exotic, Faction and Fallen-themed weapons and gear.
By now you likely know all the details regarding this pack, but in the event you don’t, Bungie’s full press release is reproduced below. In the event you do, get to playing!
DESTINY EXPANSION II: HOUSE OF WOLVES BRINGS NEW ADVENTURE, ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES FOR ALL PLAYERS
Bungie Expands the Destiny Experience Offering Brand-new Competitive Multiplayer Event and Co-op Arena Activity
New Story Quests Send Guardians to Hunt Down the Traitorous Fallen House of Wolves
Santa Monica, CA – May 19, 2015 – Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves is now available for download on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360. Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves marks the second official expansion to the Destiny universe that adds a wealth of new weapons, armor and gear to earn in new story missions and quests, three new competitive multiplayer maps and a new co-op Strike. In addition, the expansion welcomes new activities to Destiny with the introduction of a brand-new competitive multiplayer event in the Crucible called Trials of Osiris, and a brand new co-op arena activity called the Prison of Elders.
“We continue to be humbled by the Destiny community, and remain fully committed to creating the best experience we can for the fans,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “That means we’re listening every day to real-time feedback from the players. In the eight months since launch, we’ve supported the game with 17 updates that we believe have grown and improved the universe. House of Wolves is no different. For example, we’ve engineered a new upgrade path for your existing Exotic and Legendary gear, and we’re revamping our PvP system with a new rewards system and new PvP event called Trials of Osiris. We’re excited to see the response.”
Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves features the following:
· New Co-op Arena Activity – Set in the Prison of Elders, teams of three players can take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies to earn high-level legendary and exotic rewards.
· New Competitive Multiplayer Event – The Trials of Osiris is a brand new, weekly 3v3 elimination event where power levels matter.
· New Loot and Customizations – Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including Legendary, Exotic, Faction and Fallen-themed items.
· Level Increase – Raise your Light Level to 34, including the introduction of gear ascension to increase the maximum level of previously earned Legendary and Exotic weapons and armor.
· New Story Missions and Quests – Take on new adventures through new missions and quests featuring Petra Venj of the Queensguard and Variks, a Fallen loyal to the Queen.
· New Social Space – Visit a brand new space in The Reef, set within the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, with new vendors offering unique rewards, new bounties and more.
· New Strike: The Shadow Thief – Journey to the Moon and hunt down a notoriously cutthroat Fallen mercenary named Taniks.
· New Competitive Multiplayer Maps:
o Black Shield – a decommissioned Firebase is believed to have been a key defensive position used by the Cabal when they established their warbase on Mars
o Thieves’ Den – a Fallen hideout located in the calderas of Venus with precarious drops that offer alternate routes for those willing to risk the fall
o Widow’s Court – an asymmetrical map with both long sightlines and tight interiors, set in the European Dead Zone on Earth
· PlayStation® Exclusive Content* – PlayStation® gamers will also get access to a fourth competitive multiplayer map, Timekeeper, which is set within a mysterious clockwork-like structure on Mars built by the Vex. *Timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015
Players can purchase Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves** individually ($19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass** ($34.99), which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. **Destiny game required to play, sold separately.
As an added bonus for all players of the game, the competitive multiplayer maps from Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below are now available for everyone.
The community can interact directly with the developers at www.Bungie.net, www.facebook.com/Bungie and @Bungie on Twitter. For game information, they can visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and follow the official Destiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Twitter.
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two goals: develop kick ass games that combine state-of-the-art technology with uncompromising art, captivating storytelling, and deep gameplay, and then to sell enough copies to fund our ongoing quest for World Domination. Over the past twenty years, Bungie created a bunch of fun games, including the Halo franchise, the Marathon Trilogy, and the first two Myth games. Our independent, employee-owned development studio is located in Bellevue, Washington, the base where we launched our most ambitious project to date: Destiny.
More information about Bungie can be found at www.bungie.net.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Destiny game required to play, sold separately.
© 2015 Bungie, Inc. All rights reserved. Destiny, the Destiny Logo, Bungie and the Bungie Logo are among the trademarks of Bungie, Inc. Published and distributed by Activision. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. “PlayStation” and “PS3” are registered trademarks. “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are the properties of their respective owners.