"Courage the Cowardly Dog" Comes to Boomerang on October 19, 2009
Courage the Cowardly Dog will be added to Boomerang starting on Monday, October 19, 2009, airing Monday through Saturday at 9:00 PM (Eastern). The show will be aired from the very beginning, with a four-hour mini-marathon scheduled for Halloween, October 31, 2009, from 7:00 – 11:00 PM (Eastern).
The full press release follows:
Just in Time for Halloween, Courage the Cowardly Dog Joins Boomerang’s Nightly Lineup
With a personality as contradictory as his name, Courage is a small dog with a big paranoia problem. Courage the Cowardly Dog, a half-hour animated series first appearing on Cartoon Network in 1999, chronicles the life of this timid pooch as he defends his owners, an old couple living on a farm outside the small town of Nowhere, from paranormal elements that threaten their simple existence. Time and time again, Courage must exhibit enough fearless ingenuity to rescue his oblivious caretakers Eustace and Muriel, who are none the wiser to the menace of such bizarre creatures as the savage Weremole, the sinister Katz, the devious French duck Le Quack or the misunderstood Bigfoot.
Coming to the commercial-free Boomerang network on Monday, Oct. 19 at 9 p.m. (ET), Courage the Cowardly Dog is the latest Cartoon Network
original series classic to join the primetime lineup. The series will air nightly Monday through Saturday, and will provide a special Halloween treat in the form of a four-hour mini-marathon on Oct. 31 from 7-11 p.m. (ET).
“Courage the Cowardly Dog is a perfect fall addition for Boomerang,” said Stacy Isenhower, senior vice president of programming and scheduling for Boomerang and Cartoon Network. “It adds to our current roster of a new generation of classics, with a spooky twist just in time for Halloween.”
The series will air from its very beginning, with the first week of episodes including:
* Monday, Oct. 19: “A Night at Katz Motel” – Courage, Muriel and Eustace check into a motel run by a sinister cat named Katz. A very long night is in store for the three, especially after Katz turns loose his spiders. “Cajun Granny Stew” – A crafty fox cooks up a delicious Cajun Granny Stew to enter in a cooking contest, but he’s missing one key ingredient: the Granny. Enter Muriel. Courage must save her from ending up in the stew.
* Tuesday, Oct. 20: “Shadow of Courage” – When an evil, wealthy old man suffers a heart attack, a shadow escapes from him and descends on the farm, terrorizing our happy threesome. “Le Quack” – Muriel is struck on the head by a flying piece of the farmhouse roof and comes down with amnesia. Courage summons help, which arrives in the form of a French con-artist duck posing as a doctor.
* Wednesday, Oct. 21: “Courage Meets Bigfoot” – A hungry Bigfoot turns up at the farm. Courage is terrified at first, but he eventually befriends the gentle monster. Later he must save the creature from Eustace and an angry mob. “Hothead” – Eustace goes to an institute that promises hair growth, dragging Courage along with him. The consequences that follow are hair-raising, indeed.
* Thursday, Oct. 22: “The Demon in the Mattress” – Muriel needs a new mattress. The one she orders comes with a bonus: a demon that takes over her body. Courage must find a way to get rid of the demon and the new mattress. “Freaky Fred” – Muriel’s nephew, a deranged barber named Fred, visits the farm. Much to Courage’s dismay, he winds up locked in a bathroom with him.
* Friday, Oct. 23: “Night of the Weremole” – While gardening, Muriel is bitten by what she thinks is a rabbit. By the time she returns to the house transformed into a weremole, it’s clear her attacker was no rabbit. Courage must find the antidote. “Mother’s Day” – Eustace goes to visit his mother on Mother’s Day and takes a very reluctant Courage along with him.
Boomerang is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s (TBS, Inc.) 24-hour cable/satellite network offering the best in classic animated entertainment. In partnership with Cartoon Network, the service boasts 75 percent unduplicated programming and is available to cable/satellite operators and their customers in Spanish. Boomerang’s official Web site is located at http:https://Boomerang.CartoonNetwork.com.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 10 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired entertainment for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.