Beyoncé Knowles on "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" April 27, 2009 (UPDATED with video)
Singing star Beyoncé Knowles will make her voice acting debut as Shine, the lead singer of the Wubb Girlz, on Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! in a special week-long Wubb Girlz celebration starting on April 27, 2009, and running to an hour-long “Wubb Idol” movie on Thursday, April 30.
UPDATED April 8, 2009: Check out the following two video clips from Beyoncé Knowles’ guest appearance on Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (requires Apple QuickTime):
You can also right-click (control-click on a Mac) either of the following links to download the movies to your hard drive:
- Sing a Song
- We’re Here!
The full press release follows.
INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR BEYONCÉ KNOWLES GUEST STARS ON NICKELODEON’S HIT ANIMATED PRESCHOOL COMEDY
WOW! WOW! WUBBZY! IN SPECIAL “WUBB GIRLZ” PREMIERE WEEK
AND HOUR-LONG TV MOVIE “WUBB IDOL”
Premiere Week Kicks Off Monday, April 27-Thursday, April 30, at 10:00 a.m. (ET/PT);
“Wubb Idol” Movie To Air Friday, May 1, at 1:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
New Episodes To Feature Original Song Composed and Performed by Guest Star Knowles;
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Appearance Marks Multi Award-Winning Recording Artist’s Voiceover Debut and First-Ever Children’s Television Project
NEW YORK April 6, 2009 – She has performed at the Academy Awards and the 2009 presidential inaugural ball. She’s won multiple Grammys, headlined world tours, sold millions of albums and starred in hit blockbuster movies. Now internationally acclaimed superstar Beyoncé Knowles makes her debut as a voiceover actress on Nickelodeon’s Emmy Award-winning animated preschool comedy series, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!. Knowles guest stars as the voice of Shine, the lead singer of The Wubb Girlz — the hottest girl group around — in a special week-long “Wubb Girlz” celebration, Monday, April 27 through Thursday, April 30, at 10:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. This role marks her very first ever children’s project. The four music-filled episodes feature a new original song composed and performed by Knowles titled, “Sing a Song”, available at iTunes and other digital outlets on April 21. The week culminates with an hour-long “Wubb Idol” movie that is comprised of select episodes that have aired throughout the week. The movie will replay on NOGGIN in primetime on Sunday, May 3, at 7:00 p.m. (ET).
“I’m so happy to be a part of Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! because I’m finally able to impress my nephew,” said Knowles. On playing Shine, Knowles adds, “Shine is a member of the group The Wubb Girlz, which I can identify with having grown up in Destiny’s Child. The Wubb Girlz are all about unity — they sing cool harmonies and have an amazing new original song, ‘Sing a Song.'”
Nickelodeon will support the “Wubb Girlz” premiere week online and via wireless with dedicated playlists beginning Monday, April 20. The playlists will include themed clips and full Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! episodes as well as an instant replay of the “Wubb Idol” movie on Nick Jr. Video. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! will continue its presence on Nickelodeon VOD throughout the month of April.
Nick Jr.’s award-winning website (www.nickjr.com) will feature an interactive game and activities to complement the “Wubb Girlz” premiere week. Beginning Wednesday, April 15, NickJr.com will feature “The Great Microphone Hunt” game, where kids can go online and help Wubbzy and good friend Daizy search the Wubb Club to find The Wubb Girlz microphones which they have lost. The big Wubbstock show can’t start without The Wubb Girlz, so it’s up to young fans to help Wubbzy and Daizy find them all. Nickjr.com will also feature music-themed printables, crafts, activities and more. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! games have been top performers on NickJr.com since launching in 2006.
The schedule for the “Wubb Girlz” premiere week is as follows (all times are ET/PT):
- Monday, April 27 (10:00 a.m): “Wubb Girlz Rule” – The Wubb Girlz are the hottest girl group in the nation and they’re coming to Wuzzleburg! They also announce that they’re hosting a talent show called Wuzzleburg Idol, and the winner gets to perform with them in Wuzzlewood / “Wuzzleburg Idol” – Everyone is excited about the big Wuzzleburg Idol competition. The Wubb Girlz convince Wubbzy that the best way to participate is to just be himself. He’s declared the winner of Wuzzleburg Idol!
- Tuesday, April 28 (10:00 a.m.): “Bye Bye Wuzzleburg” – Wubbzy is worried and a little scared about leaving Wuzzleburg. He confesses that he’s going to miss his friends most of all, so they decide to go with him! / “Wubbzy’s Wacky Journey” – Walden doesn’t let anyone stop at any fun places along their drive to Wuzzlewood, but Wubbzy is determined to sneak out to go to the Wacky World Amusement Park. The Wubb Girlz are there too and they offer to fly everyone to Wuzzlewood in their WubbJet.
- Wednesday, April 29 (10:00 a.m.): “Wubbzy’s Big Makeover” – Wubbzy gets a Wuzzlewood makeover and he’s transformed into a hipster. After Wubbzy’s old friends save him from a series of misadventures, he realizes that he’s better off being himself. / “The Big Wuzzlewood Concert” – Wubbzy gets a bad case of stage fright before his performance with The Wubb Girlz. Shine suggests that Wubbzy bring his friends onstage too and together the gang give a knockout performance!
- Thursday, April 30 (10:00 a.m.): “Lights, Camera, Wubbzy!” – Wubbzy and his friends visit The Wubb Girlz on the set of their movie and Wubbzy is offered a role. He “wows” everyone at the premiere. “A Wubbstar Is Born” – Wubbzy is now a big movie star and his friends have all gone home to Wuzzleburg. The Wubb Girlz tell him that being a star is fun, but being with his friends is more important.
- Friday, May 1 (1:00 p.m.): “Wubb Idol” (an hour-long movie culled from the following episodes): “Wubb Girlz Rule”/”Wuzzleburg Idol” and “Wubbzy’s Big Makeover”/”The Big Wuzzlewood Concert. Movie will also air on Sunday, May 3, at 7:00 p.m. (ET) on NOGGIN.
The top-rated Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! supports preschool social skills – sharing, listening, compromising, helping and appreciating others, self-awareness and the use of humor as a coping skill. Although their world is more fanciful and imaginative than our own, Wubbzy, Daizy, Widget and Walden deal with the same social and developmental issues faced by preschoolers.They learn how they fit into the group, how to understand their own feelings and those of others, and how to get along with one another. As preschoolers watch Wubbzy and his friends tackle these issues, they learn the value of friendship and community, how to understand their own feelings and those of others.
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! is produced by Bolder Media, Inc. in association with Starz Media, LLC’s Film Roman Animation Studio. It is a worldwide hit that is broadcast in 60+ countries. Susan Miller (Co-Producer of Ella Enchanted) and Fred Seibert (Executive Producer of The Fairly Odd Parents) are the Executive Producers of the show created by Emmy Award winner Bob Boyle(producer of The Fairly Odd Parents). Bolder Media, Inc. is a joint venture formed by veteran producers Susan Miller and Fred Seibert for the development of books, television series, movies and digital media for young boys and girls. Susan Miller of Bolder Media, Inc. and Mixed Media Group and Fred Seibert of Bolder Media, Inc. and Frederator Studios, are the executive producers of Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Bob Boyle is the creator and executive producer of the series. (www.boldermedia.com)
Starz Media, LLC, is a programming production and distribution company operating worldwide. It includes the Film Roman, Anchor Bay Entertainment, and Manga Entertainment brands. Its units create animated and live-action programming – including theatrical films – and programming created under contract for other media companies. It distributes that programming, and programming acquired from outside producers, through home video retailers, theaters, broadcasters, ad supported and premium television channels, and Internet and wireless video distributors in the US and internationally. Starz Media (www.starzmedia.com) is a controlled subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation attributed to the Liberty Capital Group.
Nickelodeon, now in its 30th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 98 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 14 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visithttp://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).