PR: Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion Out Now on PS3, PS4, and PC
You can now play Invasion, the third of four planned DLC packs for Call of Duty: Ghosts, on PS3, PS4, and PC. The DLC has been out on Xbox 360 and Xbox One since June 3.
The new pack adds a great deal of colorful content, with a heavy fantasy focus.
The new Dia de Los Muertos themed level “Departed” features an interesting “Death Mariachi” mechanic in which players can become the Death Mariachi and make others join their infernal band.
“Pharoah” features an Egyptian palace and flesh-eating scarabs. “Mutiny” is a Caribbean pirate hideout featuring a pirate ship and the previously-mentioned pirate ghosts. And “Favela” is “Favela” from Modern Warfare 2, with a few architectural changes to shake things up.
Invasion also includes “Episode 3: Awakening,” the third of four parts of the game’s episodic alien-blasting storyline “Extinction.”
The DLC costs $14.99, but can also be purchased as part of a $49.99 season pass that includes all four planned DLC packs.
In addition to the DLC, there are also some new personalization packs available. According to a press release, they are the:
- Resistance Squad Pack: Create your own soldiers to fight the good fight in multiplayer with the Resistance Squad Pack. Never surrender with three interchangeable heads and four uniforms. SRP $3.99.
– Flags of the World Pack: Show your national pride with individual patches, playercards, and backgrounds for England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, USA, Brazil, Australia, Japan, UK, Russia, Netherlands, Portugal, Columbia, Argentina, Canada, Ireland, and Sweden. Plus, go international in any firefight with a unique reticle and flags of the world weapon camo. SRP $1.99.
The full press release follows:
Call of Duty®: Ghosts Invasion DLC Pack
and New Customization Items Now Available for Players on PSN and PC
Call of Duty®: Ghosts players on PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3 and Windows PC (via Steam) can now purchase Invasion, the game’s third epic DLC Pack. Invasion offers players four new multiplayer maps each with a unique field order, plus “Awakening,” the third chapter in the game’s four-part episodic Extinction storyline. Also available today for PSN/PC fans are a handful of new Call of Duty: Ghosts Customization Items, including the Resistance Squad Pack and Flags of the World Pack.
Invasion’s four new multiplayer maps include:
– Departed: Set in a rural Mexican town during the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration, where players who complete the map’s unique Field Order will unlock the Death Mariachi killstreak. Armed with dual-wielding pistols, the Death Mariachi settles scores, with each kill turning enemy players into another member of the band, and a temporary squad mate.
– Pharaoh: The abandoned archeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace. Players will have to be on the lookout for collapsing monuments and urns full of flesh-eating scarabs, among other surprises in this multi-level map. Players who unlock this map’s Field Order will be handsomely rewarded with the Blessing of Anubis, the half jackal/half human protector of the dead.
– Mutiny: A remote Caribbean island harboring an eerie pirate hideout complete with abandoned trading posts and prison cells, where speed and stealth are a must as players navigate the narrow and intertwining pathways. Players that unlock “Mutiny’s” Field Order will find themselves escorted by two ethereal ghost pirates who will happily send enemy players down to Davey Jones’ locker on their behalf.
– Favela: A refreshed version of the fan-favorite map from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2, this Brazilian shantytown has seen substantial change since its original release. Buildings once under construction are now complete, while others have crumbled into a state of disrepair. Players must avoid falling to their death as they traverse the map from one building to the next, avoiding enemy snipers taking advantage of the map’s long sightlines. Players who complete “Favela’s” Field Order can call in air support from a nearby Y-8 Gunship.
Anchoring the Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion DLC Pack is the next installment in the game’s Extinction mode episodic narrative, “Episode 3: Awakening.” In Awakening, the team descends into the perilous alien underworld to strike at the subterranean fortress of the Ancestors – the mysterious puppet-masters behind the Cryptid invasion. Armed with a range of new hi-tech weapons and equipment, the team must penetrate a series of defensive barriers to reach the Ark and unlock the secrets of the Ancestors’ psychic powers. As the final battle draws closer, the fate of Earth and the future of the human race hang in the balance.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion is available now for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems from Sony and for Windows PC (via Steam), a la carte for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $14.99, or as part of the discounted* Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass**. Call of Duty: Ghosts game sold separately and is required to play theInvasion DLC Pack.