"Gravity Falls" Season 2 Premieres August 1, 2014
SECOND SEASON OF DISNEY’S POPULAR ANIMATED SERIES GRAVITY FALLS, STARRING JASON RITTER AND KRISTEN SCHAAL, PREMIERES FRIDAY,
AUGUST 1 ON DISNEY CHANNEL AND MONDAY, AUGUST 4 ON DISNEY XD
– Mark Hamill and Patton Oswalt Among Upcoming Guest Stars –
Season two of Disney’s popular animated comedy series “Gravity Falls,” starring Jason Ritter (“Parenthood”) and Kristen Schaal (“The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”) as Dipper and Mabel Pines, twins who spend the summer with their eccentric Great Uncle Stan (aka Grunkle Stan), debuts FRIDAY, AUGUST 1 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel and MONDAY, AUGUST 4 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD. Thereafter new episodes will debut on Disney XD with subsequent airings on Disney Channel.
“Gravity Falls” creator and executive producer, Alex Hirsch, announced the season premiere during the “Gravity Falls Live!” panel at the Los Angeles Film Festival on Saturday, June 14.
The new season finds Dipper and Mabel digging deeper than ever to learn the secret history of Journal #3’s unknown author, while Stan (voiced by Hirsch) works on a secret project that could change everything in the basement of the Mystery Shack. Scarier creatures, weirder magic and new hilarious characters, including vengeful villains and love interests, will be introduced. Upcoming guest stars include Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Saga) and Patton Oswalt (ABC’s “The Goldbergs”). Throughout the season, unique puzzle pieces with secret decodable messages will be revealed at the end of each episode’s credits.
The season premiere episode, titled “Scary-oke,” finds the Pines family resolving to get back to normal after the Lil’ Gideon incident. They throw a “Mystery Shack is Back” party, but some unwelcome guests crash it. In the second episode, “Into the Bunker,” premiering exclusively on Disney XD, Dipper’s secret journal pages lead him and the gang to the author’s hidden bunker where they find themselves face-to-face with a mysterious figure from Gravity Falls’ lore.
The multiplatform schedule includes the following:
SATURDAY, JULY 26 – SUNDAY, JULY 27
- “Gravity Falls” Marathon, featuring the entire collection of season one episodes and shorts, airs on Disney XD (10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., ET/PT).
FRIDAY, AUGUST 1
- Season two premiere episode, “Scary-oke,” debuts on Disney Channel (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) with live simulcast on WATCH Disney Channel for verified users.
- “Scary-oke” and “Into the Bunker” are available on WATCH Disney XD for verified users and Disney XD On Demand.
- “Gravity Falls Magic Rune Mystery” game launches on WATCH Disney XD.
- “Mabel’s Doodleblaster” space game launches on DisneyXD.com/GravityFalls.
- Entire collection of season one episodes are available on WATCH Disney XD for verified users throughout the month of August.
MONDAY, AUGUST 4
- Season two, featuring two back-to-back episodes, “Scary-oke” and “Into the Bunker,” premieres on Disney XD (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) with live simulcast on WATCH Disney XD for verified users.
In addition to Ritter and Schaal, “Gravity Falls” stars Hirsch as Grunkle Stan and Soos, and Linda Cardellini as Wendy. Recurring guest stars include Will Forte as Tyler the Cute Biker, Jennifer Coolidge as Lazy Susan, Stephen Root as Bud Gleeful, T.J. Miller as Robbie, Gregg Turkington as Toby Determined, Kevin Michael Richardson as Sheriff Blubs, Keith Ferguson as Deputy Durland and Thurop Van Orman as Lil’ Gideon Gleeful.
“Gravity Falls” was inspired by Hirsch’s real-life adventures with his twin sister. The series is a production of Disney Television Animation and carries a TV-Y7 parental guideline.