PR: What's on at MCM London Comic Con?
MCM LONDON COMIC CON – EXCEL LONDON – 23-25 MAY
What’s on at MCM London Comic Con?
The UK’s biggest and best celebration of pop. culture, MCM London Comic Con returns to ExCel London on 23-25 May for a long weekend packed with special guests, sci-fi, movies, videogames, comic books, eSports, online video, anime and cosplay. Here’s a taste of what will be on show:
Special guests meeting fans, presenting panels and signing autographs at the show include:
- Orphan Black star Dylan Bruce (Arrow, 24: Conspiracy, Unstoppable).
- Falling Skies’ Drew Roy (Secretariat, Hannah Montana), Connor Jessup (Blackbird), Seychelle Gabriel (The Spirit) and Luciana Carro (Battlestar Galactica).
- Game Of Thrones’ James Cosmo (Braveheart, Highlander), Julian Glover (Star Wars, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) and Josef Altin (Eastern Promises).
- Nikita, Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother star Lyndsy Fonseca.
- Once Upon A Time‘s Meghan Ory (Intelligence) and Beverley Elliott (Unforgiven).
- Henry Winkler, famous for playing iconic character The Fonz on Happy Days.
- Robert Llewellyn, best known for playing Kryten in sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf.
- Shane Richie, who stars as Alfie Moon in much-loved BBC One soap EastEnders.
- Cast and crew from Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist will present a world exclusive panel on the new live action series, which debuts on Machinima on the opening day of comic con.
- Tamara Taylor, best known for her role as Dr. Camille Saroyan in crime drama Bones.
Other special guests include Ian McNeice (Doctor Who, Rome), Scott Adkins (The Expendables 2), Caroline Munro (The Spy Who Loved Me), Nick Nevern (Mrs. Brown’s Boys D’Movie), Annette Badland (Doctor Who) and Nina Wadia (EastEnders). For the full line-up, visit: www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/
- Games publishers attending include Capcom, Nintendo, Tecmo Koei, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Jagex, Reef Entertainment & Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
- MCM eSports Powered by ESL – MCM Expo Group has recently partnered with the Electronic Sports League (ESL), who will be producing the Razer-sponsored League of Legends Invitational and Open Tournaments taking place across comic con weekend.
- Not only is Honda bringing an anime-inspired bike to the show – the ace NM4 Vultus – but visitors will get to meet the designers and virtually ride it thanks to an Oculus Rift headset.
- Bandai Namco will also be bringing a special guest along to MCM London Comic Con; famed Tales of… series producer Hideo Baba!
- For the first time, MCM London Comic Con will be showcasing the work of independent games developers in a dedicated zone – Go Indie Games.
- The sold-out Comic Village will be home to more than 200 talented artists and writers, including Robert Rankin, Boo Cook, Richard Starkings, John McCrea, Lee Bradley and Gary Erskine. For a full list, visit www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/
- Superstar wrestlers Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian – who formed famous TNA tag team Bad Influence – are coming to the show with their new comic, Christopher Daniels And Kazarian Wrestle Ah Yeah Comics, drawn by Eisner Award-winner Art Baltazar.
- Bigger than ever, MCM’s celebration of online video Vidfest UK features a host of great channels and world premiere web series, including Geek & Sundry, Raindance Film Festival, Eddsworld, Tomska, Weebl’s Stuff, TimH, Jack And Dean, World Of The Orange, Chris Bingham and Ashens And The Quest For The GameChild, starring Stuart Ashen, Warwick Davis and Robert Llewellyn.
Anime, Cosplay & Asian Culture
- This show’s Anime Guests of Honour are Blue Exorcist: The Movie’s director Atsushi Takahashi (Rideback) and producer Takamitsu Inoue (Naruto, Shiki).
- Special guest Wendee Lee has voiced some of anime’s most iconic heroines, including Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star’s Konata Izumi and Cowboy Bebop’s Faye Valentine.
- The UK’s three leading anime distributors – Manga Entertainment, MVM Entertainment and Anime Limited – will be taking part in an on-stage industry panel.
- JapanEx has been expanded to create a new PopAsia zone, packed with all the vibrant colour, delicious food, beautiful art and fabulous fashion of traditional and modern Asia.
- As well as hosting a Cosplay Masquerade, MCM London Comic Con will be the venue for the UK qualifiers of the EuroCosplay Championships, Europe’s biggest cosplay competition.
For MCM London Comic Con tickets, visit: www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/
YouTube at www.youtube.com/mcmexpo
Related Content from ZergNet:
You must log in to post a comment