PR: First Guests Announced for MCM Birmingham Comic Con & Memorabilia
MCM BIRMINGHAM COMIC CON & MEMORABILIA – NEC – 22-23 MARCH
First guests announced for MCM Birmingham Comic Con & Memorabilia
Whether you’re into Doctor Who and Star Wars or The Wire and Sherlock, there’s a great line-up of special guests coming to the NEC on 22-23 March for MCM Birmingham Comic Con and Memorabilia. Here are just a few of them!
- British actor, writer and director Phil Davis has appeared in a host of top TV shows including Whitechapel; Sherlock, Being Human, Merlin and Doctor Who, while his movie credits include Alien 3, Quadrophenia, Notes On A Scandal, Secrets & Lies and Vera Drake, for which he was BAFTA-nominated.
- Paul McGann - Famous for playing the Eighth Doctor in the 1996 Doctor Who television film – a role he reprised in 72 audio dramas and the 2013 mini-episode ‘The Night of the Doctor’ – and for starring alongside Richard E. Grant in much-loved 1987 black comedy Withnail And I.
- Clarke Peters – Best known as detective Lester Freamon in acclaimed crime drama The Wire, as well as Albert ‘Big Chief’ Lambreaux in fellow HBO series Treme. Other credits include Doctor Who: Dreamland, Damages and CBS show Person Of Interest, and Clarke is currently shooting thriller Division 19.
- Doctor Who – In addition to Paul McGann, there’s a Tardis-full of Doctor Who special guests coming to comic con, including Louise Jameson, Peter Purves, Katy Manning, Sophie Aldred, Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines, Geoffrey Beevers, Simon Fisher-Becker and voice of K9 John Leeson.
- Soap fans will know Billy Murray best as gangster Johnny Allen from EastEnders or The Bill’s Don Beech, but to gamers he’s instantly recognisable as the voice of SAS Captain John Price from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Speaking of games, we’re delighted to welcome voice actors Courtenay Taylor and Alix Wilton Regan from Mass Effect. Alix has also appeared in Dragon Age: Origins and The Last Story, while Courtenay’s credits include Resident Evil 6, Saints Row 2 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- Ace stuntman Marvin Campbell has appeared in James Bond films Quantum of Solace, Casino Royale and Skyfall. Other credits include Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2; Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows; Attack The Block; Merlin; The Bourne Ultimatum; Primeval and Children Of Men.
- Catherine Schell – Best known as the shape-shifting ‘metamorph’ Maya in Space: 1999, Catherine has also appeared as Bond girl Nancy in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service; starred opposite Peter Sellers in The Return Of The Pink Panther and played Countess Scarlioni in Doctor Who‘s ‘City of Death’.
- Horror icon Michael Berryman’s credits include Wes Craven’s classic The Hills Have Eyes and its 1985 sequel, as well as Weird Science, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, The Devil’s Rejects & One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- Classic British Comedy guests include Brian Murphy from Man About the House and George And Mildred; Hi-De-Hi’s Linda Regan; It Ain’t Half Hot Mum’s Melvyn Hayes, Tessa Wyatt from Robin’s Nest, Carry On stars Valerie Leon and Angela Douglas, and Robin Askwith, best known for starring in the Confessions of… sex comedy series of films with fellow Memorabilia guests Linda Hayden and Judy Matheson.
- Memorabilia’s Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Reunion marks the first UK convention appearance for four actors from the classic 1971 movie – Michael Bollner (Augustus Gloop), Paris Themmen (Mike Teevee), Diana Sowle (Mrs. Bucket) and Oompa Loompa Albert Wilkinson.
- Star Wars actors attending Memorabilia this year include Jack Klaff (A New Hope), Gerald Home (Return of the Jedi), Ben Taylor (The Phantom Menace), Kamay Lau (The Phantom Menace), Christian Simpson (The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, Dermot Crowley (Return of the Jedi), Salo Gardner (A New Hope) & Peter Roy (Return of the Jedi).
ONE TICKET, TWO GREAT SHOWS: BIRMINGHAM COMIC CON VISITORS ALSO GET INTO MEMORABILIA FREE OF CHARGE!
KIDS GO FREE! *
*The ‘Kids Go Free’ offer applies to General Entry tickets only. Children aged 10 years or younger gain free entry if accompanied by a full paying adult, to a maximum of two children per full paying adult.