Prove You're the Pokémon Master in the Winter Regional Championships
Do you think you’re good at Pokémon? Well, now you have a chance to put your Meowth where your mouth is by competing in the upcoming 2014 Pokémon Video Game and Trading Card Game Winter Regional Championships.
This championship event will give competitive Pokémon video game and trading card game (TCG) players all over the United States a chance to prove that they’re the best. And it will be the first Pokémon Championships to use Pokémon X & Y, so it will provide a whole new battleground to compete in.
These are the dates and locations for the championship events:
- Doswell, VA – January 11th-12th – (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 12th only)
- Long Beach, CA – January 18th-19th – (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19th only)
- Salem, OR – January 18th-19th – (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19th only)
- St. Charles, MO – January 18th-19th – (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 18th only)
- Orlando, FL – January 25th-26th – (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 26th only)
These events are open to everyone, but be sure to bring a 3DS or 2Ds and your own copy of Pokémon X or Y for the video game tournaments. For the TCG tournaments you need a legal deck. The tournament uses Swiss-style pairings, which allows all players to play in every round of the event until the finals are determined. There were also be lots of opportunities for friendly side events.
The top players will receive trophies, booster packs, and share in a $200,000 pool for stipends for travel allowances, which can be applied toward earning a Pokémon U.S. National Championships Travel Award or even an invitation to the 2014 Pokémon World Championships in Washington, D.C. this August.
For more information and signups, go here for the video game events:
And here for the TCG events: