SDCC2013: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Press Conference Video
Toonzone participated in a press conference at the San Diego Comic-Con 2013 for the upcoming Marvel superhero film, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. In attendance were Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Marc Webb, Dane DeHann, Jamie Foxx and Andrew Garfield. Questions asked included:
- Is Electro the counterpoint to Spider-Man’s wisecracking?
- For Jamie Foxx: How did playing an iconic villain affect you?
- For Marc Webb and Avi Arad: Does Shailene Woodley have a part in Amazing Spider-Man 3? Will her part need to be reworked or will it play out as initially planned?
- For Andrew Garfield: Is it harder to be Peter Parker or Spider-Man?
- For Andrew Garfield: What were some of the lessons you learned in the first film about getting into character that helped with this one?
- For Andrew Garfield: Which costume did you like more, the one from Amazing Spider-Man or Amazing Spider-Man 2?
- For Dane DeHann: What was your Spider-Man experience like and how was working with Metallica?
- For Marc Webb: What were the character and story elements you couldn’t get to last time around that you were able to expand on in this film?
- For Jamie Foxx: How is taking on this type of role different than your previous ones and what did you do to prepare?
- For Andrew Garfield: What’s it like to see yourself as an action figure?
- For Marc Webb: With the bigger Spider-Man world and the sequel announced, was it harder to make this film feel contained?
- For Dane DeHann: How does your character interact with Peter Parker? Do you interact more with Max Dillon or Electro?
- For Marc Webb: When you’re working on this film, are you thinking ahead and what are you doing to lay down the foundation for the next one?
- How does Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy’s relationship evolve?
- For Marc Webb: What did you learn about yourself in the first film and how did it affect you personally?
- For Andrew Garfield: Andrew was asked to comment on a philosophical question in an Entertainment Weekly Interview. Was there ever any headway made in finding Peter Parker a boyfriend?
- How did you come up with the design of the Electro costume?
In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we rejoin Peter Parker as he’s learning to balance spending time with Gwen and taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man. Things change with the introduction of a new, powerful villain, Electro and the return of his old friend, Harry Osborn. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 arrives in theaters on May 2, 2014. For more information on the film, visit the official website .