As 2012 draws to a close, Cartoon Network, the world’s first 24-hour, all-animation cable network celebrating its first 20 years, is on track to set new records this milestone year with its most-watched year in its history during Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) among kids 6-11/9-14 and boys 9-14, in the past seven years among kids 2-11 and boys 2-11, and the past eight years among boys 6-11. Additionally, the network will claim its most-watched year in Total Day (6 a.m.-9 p.m.) in the past six years among kids 9-14 and boys 9-14. All targeted kids and boys demo delivery in Early Prime grew mostly by double digits compared to 2011, ranging between 9% and 20%. Similarly, annual Total Day delivery grew across the board, ranging between 4% and 16%.
As a result, Cartoon Network is the only top kids network to increase its average delivery of kids 2-11, 6-11 and 9-14 across 2012.
On the digital front, 2012-to-date, CartoonNetwork.com has been the #1 ranked website among kids 6-11 Unique Visitors in the Kids Entertainment category for seven of the past 10 months. Among overall Unique Visitors, CartoonNetwork.com beat DisneyChannel.com every month in 2012 to date.
“We’re extremely grateful to our audiences for helping to make 2012 one of the most successful in Cartoon Network’s 20 year history,” said Cartoon Network President and Chief Operating Officer Stuart Snyder. “It’s truly been a remarkable year to remember, one that we’re confident will fuel continued growth.”
Highlights from Cartoon Network’s 2012 year-end performance include the following:
· Cartoon Network continues to rank as the #1 network in Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) on all television among boys 2-11, 6-11 and 9-14:
· Cartoon Network also ranks #1 in Total Day with boys 6-11/9-14.
· Cartoon Network recorded its highest average delivery in its history on Monday and Wednesday nights (7-9p) among all key kids and boys (2-11, 6-11 & 9-14). Both nights increased delivery by double digits across nearly all key demos vs. 2011, ranging between 9% and 64%.
· Also the #1 destination on Monday Night (7-9p) with all key kids and boys (2-11, 6-11 & 9-14), Cartoon Network’s original animated comedies Adventure Time (7:30 p.m.) and Regular Show (8 p.m.) ranked #1 in their respective time periods among all key kids and boys—premiere episodes increased average delivery by double digits vs. the same time period in 2011.
· Animated action-adventure series Ninjago (Wednesday, 7:30 p.m./8 p.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among kids 2-11/6-11 and all boys, while increasing delivery by triple digits across the board vs. the 2011 time period.
· Additional Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) highlights from Cartoon Network’s 2012 year-end performance, compared to the same 2011 time period, include:
· Total Day (6 a.m.-9 p.m.) highlights from Cartoon Network’s 2012 year-end performance, compared to the same 2011 time period, include:
Launching on Oct. 1, 1992 within just two million U.S. homes, Cartoon Network has since grown to become the #1 television network among boys 6-11, and today seen in more than 375 million households worldwide. Currently available in 99 million U.S. homes and 194 countries around the world, Cartoon Network is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. In addition to Emmy-winning original programming and industry-leading digital apps and online games, Cartoon Network embraces key social issues affecting families with solution-oriented initiatives such as Stop Bullying: Speak Up and the Move It Movement.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
You must log in to post a comment
11.25 - 10:00 AM - Dora and Friends: Into the City!
11.25 - 07:00 PM - Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, & Dawn
11.25 - 08:00 PM - Talia in the Kitchen
11.25 - 10:00 PM - NFL Rush
11.25 - 10:30 PM - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
11.26 - 08:45 PM - ABC Family Movie
11.27 - 02:45 PM - Nickelodeon Movie
11.28 - 12:00 PM - Power Rangers Dino Charge
11.28 - 02:15 PM - Nickelodeon Movie
11.28 - 08:00 PM - Henry Danger