PR: "Doctor Who"'s David Tennant To Guest Star on "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"; New Clips & Stills Released
Doctor Who’s David Tennant To Guest Star on Star Wars: The Clone Wars
David Tennant, best known as the tenth doctor to play The Doctor on the hit series Doctor Who, will make his Star Wars: The Clone Wars debut this week in “A Test of Strength,” airing Saturday, November 10th at 9:30am ET/PT on Cartoon Network.
Tennant will voice the character Huyang, a droid who greatly impacts the journey of a group of young Jedi, who were just setting out to build their first lightsabers in last week’s episode. The famed actor will continue to appear in the series for the following two episodes, “Bound for Rescue” and “A Necessary Strength.”
“When I heard the Doctor himself, David Tennant, was a fan of Star Wars I knew I had to find a way to get in contact with him to see if he would perform on Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” said Dave Filoni, Supervising Director, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. “The result was ‘Huyang,’ an ancient droid in the service of the Jedi Order, whose sole task in life has been overseeing the construction of lightsabers. I thought David was perfect for the part and he did not disappoint. He delivered a performance which impressed even the Master himself, George Lucas.”
- This episode marks the first appearance of “Huyang,” an ancient droid in the service of the Jedi Order, whose sole task in life has been overseeing the construction of lightsabers. The character is voiced by David Tennant (Doctor Who, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).
- Petro’s lightsaber training maneuver – the Whirlwind of Destiny – was actually created a young fan as part of the Join the Jedi contest sponsored by Hasbro. The winning entry was animated into the show.
- The training remotes seen aboard the Crucible are the same design as the one seen aboard the Millennium Falcon in Episode IV, and in Jedi Temple youngling training verandah in Episode II.
DR. WHO’S DAVID TENNANT TO GUEST STAR ON TELETOON’S STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS
· TELETOON will bring fans the world premiere of this special episode on Friday, November 9 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT
· Tennant to appear in an additional two episodes Friday, November 16 and 23 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, respectively
(Toronto, ON, November 8, 2012) – ALLONS-Y!! David Tennant, best known as the tenth doctor to play The Doctor on the hit series Dr. Who, will appear on Star Wars: The Clone Wars this week on TELETOON in the world premiere of the ‘A Test of Strength’ episode, airing Friday, November 9 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. The famed actor will continue to appear in the series for the following two episodes, “Bound for Rescue’ and ‘A Necessary Strength’, airing on TELETOON on November 16 and 23 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, respectively.
Season 5 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars has proved to be an exciting one, as the series moves closer to the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The big-screen action, unforgettable characters and rousing adventure of the Star Wars saga continue as Jedi heroes face a galaxy of foes. With unparalleled visuals, sound, action and adventure, Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the cinematic saga with the equivalent of a short animated Star Wars movie each week.
For more information, online games and contests, please visit: www.teletoon.com, @TELETOON and Facebook.com/TELETOON.
TELETOON delivers hilarious comedy, unexpected surprises and edge-of-your-seat action through the best in animated series and blockbuster movies to youth and families. Available in English and French, TELETOON is watched in more than 7.4 million Canadian homes. Founded in 1997, TELETOON Canada Inc. brings kids, youth and adults the best in animated and animation-related entertainment with five nationwide specialty television channels – TELETOON, Télétoon, TELETOON Retro, Télétoon Rétro and Cartoon Network. Select programming is available through On Demand, Mobile TV, iTunes and through TELETOON Canada’s online properties. TELETOON Canada Inc. is owned by Astral (50%) and Corus Entertainment (50%). For more information, please visit teletoon.com.