PR: August 2012 Week 2 Ratings Highlights for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim
by Eileen Cruz onAugust 14, 2012
Following are the ratings highlights covering Cartoon Network and Adult Swim across August 2012, Week 2:
- Midway through August 2012, Cartoon Network again ranked as basic cable’s #1 network for Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) delivery of boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14. Early Prime delivery of key kid demos also grew vs. the same time period last year-kids 2-11 by 9% and kids 6-11 by 3%. Total Day delivery also grew among kids 6-11 by 1% and kids 9-14 by 4% vs. last year.
- Cartoon Network’s Monday night comedy line-up (7-9 p.m.) ranked #1 on basic cable among kids 2-11 and boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14. Ratings powerhouse Adventure Time (Monday, 7:30 p.m.) ranked as the #1 telecast of the day among all boys 2-11 & 6-11 on basic cable, and #1 in its time period among kids 2-11 & 6-11, plus all boy demos. Similarly, Regular Show (Monday, 8 p.m.) scored as the #1 telecast of the week/day among boys 9-14, and #1 in its time period among kids 2-11 & 6-11, and all boys.
- Wednesday night’s presentation of Ninjago (8 p.m.) scored as the #1 telecast of the week among boys 2-11 & 6-11, earning double and triple-digit delivery gains across all kids and boy demos, ranging between 64% and 122% compared to the same time period last year.
- Saturday morning’s (6:30-11 a.m.) action-adventure line-up continues to fuel delivery growth among kids 6-11 & 9-14 as well as boys 2-11 & 6-11. Compared to the 2011 time period, overall kids 6-11 delivery grew by 5%, kids 9-14 by 4%, boys 2-11 by 9% and boys 6-11 also by 9%.
- Adult Swim continued its streak as basic cable’s #1 network for Total Day Delivery of young adults 18-34, 18-49 and 18-24 as well as men 18-34, 18-49 & 18-24. Adult Swim also ranked #2 in Prime Time delivery of adults 18-34 among basic cable networks, behind only sister channel TBS.
- Among Adult Swim’s original programming, a premiere episode of Childrens Hospital (Thursday, 12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-34 & 18-24. Similarly, a new episode of Aqua Something You Know Whatever (Sunday, 12 a.m.) also ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24, increasing delivery by 20% compared to the same time
- period last year.
- Adult Swim programming-including Family Guy, Robot Chicken and American Dad-accounted for 21 of the top 50 telecasts of the week on basic cable among adults 18-34, more than any other network.
Related Content from ZergNet:
PR: Nickelodeon Marks Winning Week with 26th Annual Kids' Choice Awards & Strongest Gains of the Year
You must log in to post a comment