NYCC2011: Anime Network Panel Highlights
Stacy Dodson (Executive Vice President), April Brem (Video on Demand Manager), and Samantha Stevens (Online Content Manager) were in attendance. During the panel they gave a brief overview of what The Anime Network is and what they’re currently offering, showed the 2012 sizzle reel and gave some quick updates on a couple of previously announced licenses.
- The Anime Network is currently available through Video On Demand, Hulu, YouTube, iTunes, Netflix and through the iPad app. The iPad app will have an update released very soon.
- This past year saw the Angel Beats, Night Raid 1931, No. 6, High School of the Dead, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Mardock Scramble, Towanoquan, Persona 4 and more. Part 2 of Mardock Scramble will be released in 2012.
- The Anime Network currently has a free two week trial on their premium subscription service.
- Loups=Garous will begin to air soon. Video On Demand will feature the movie with subtitles, while both a subtitled and dubbed version will be available online.
- All six parts of Broken Blade Robots will air on Comcast beginning January 1, 2012 through the 31st.