Cable TV Ratings: "SpongeBob" and "Family Guy" Score With Viewers, "Futurama" Down
SpongeBob SquarePants and Family Guy both made an appearance in the cable ratings for the week of June 28 – July 4. SpongeBob took six of the top 25 spots, with the highest coming in at #14 with 3.881 million viewers for a Thursday morning (10:30AM) airing. Family Guy made a rare appearance in the top 25 (which is ranked by total viewers) at #21 with 3.662 million viewers for an airing Wednesday at 11:30PM on Adult Swim.
Other animated program ratings for the week include:
- The Monday 10PM new episode of TBS’ Neighbors from Hell scored 1.148 million viewers and a 0.5/1 adults 18-49 rating. Both rating meters for the show were down week-to-week.
- A half-new/half-repeat episode of Adventure Time on Cartoon Network (Monday 8PM) scored 1.915 million viewers, a 3.0/12 kids 2-11 rating and a 0.3/1 adults 18-49 rating (which obviously isn’t a target demo for the kids network).
- Following Adventure Time, a half-new/half-repeat episode of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (Monday 8:30PM) dropped to 1.611 million viewers, a 2.5/9 kids 2-11 rating and a 0.3/1 adults 18-49 rating.
- The second episode of the new season of Total Drama World Tour rebounded slightly from Flapjack in total viewers (1.661 million), but fell a point in the kids 2-11 demo (2.4/9). This was down quite a bit from the premiere the previous week.
- Comedy Central’s new episode of Futurama (Thursday 10PM) scored 2.159 million viewers and a 1.1/4 adults 18-49 rating. Those numbers were down some from the one-long premiere the previous week.
(All times are Eastern.)
[Sources: TVbytheNumbers.com and Travis Yanan at PIFeedback.com]