Cable TV Ratings: "Toy Story" Double Feature Takes the Top Cable Spots
Disney Channel’s Saturday night (8:30PM) airing of Toy Story 2 with 7.5 million viewers took the #1 spot in the cable top 25 programs for the week of June 7 – 13, 2010. Disney’s airing of the original Toy Story at 7PM was the next most watched animated program of the week with 5.0 million viewers, coming in at #7.
Nickelodeon placed five animated series in the cable top 25 – all of them being repeats. SpongeBob SquarePants took the highest spot with 4.2 million viewers (#11) for its Saturday 9:30AM airing. The 9AM showing of SpongeBob SquarePants on the same morning was next with 3.6 million viewers (#17). The Penguins of Madagascar came in at #18 with 3.6 million viewers (Saturday 10AM), followed by two more airings of SpongeBob at #23 (Thursday 11:30AM) and #24 (Sunday 11:30AM) with 3.5 million viewers each.
Some other animated series outside the cable top 25 include:
- The Monday night premiere of TBS’ new animated series Neighbors from Hell scored 1.8 million viewers and a 0.9/2 adult 18-49 rating at 10PM.
- Cartoon Network’s half-new-half-repeat episode of Adventure Time (Monday 8PM) scored 1.8 million total viewers, 1.1 million viewers age 2-11, 815,000 viewers 6-11, 556,000 boys 6-11 and 717,000 boys 2-11.
- A new episode of Ben 10: Ultimate Alien on Cartoon Network (Friday 8PM) had 1.8 million total viewers, 837,000 viewers 2-11, 535,000 viewers 6-11, 644,000 boys 2-11 and 452,000 boys 6-11.
- Following Ben 10, a new Generator Rex at 8:30PM scored 1.7 million total viewers, 797,000 viewers 2-11, 569,000 viewers 6-11, 653,000 boys 2-11 and 493,000 boys 6-11.
- Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were also a huge hit on Disney XD for the week. With 2.2 million total viewers, Toy Story 2 ranks as Disney XD’s second most-watched telecast of all time, while Toy Story claims the network’s third most-watched telecast on record with 1.7 million total viewers.
For the week in total day and total viewers, Nickelodeon was #1 with an average of 2.4 million viewers, Disney Channel was second with 1.8 million, Nick at Nite placed third with 1.6 million, Adult Swim came in sixth with 1.2 million followed by Cartoon Network in seventh with 1.2 million and Nick Jr. ranked 23rd with 551,000 viewers. In primetime (8-11PM) and total viewers for the week, Disney Channel ranked second with 2.8 million viewers, Nick at Nite placed sixth with 1.6 million and Cartoon Network ranked 10th with 1.3 million viewers.
[Sources: Disney Channel, Disney XD, Cartoon Network, TVbytheNumbers.com and Travis Yanan at PIFeedback.com]