Disney Releases "Pete’s Dragon" Videos
In advance of its release on DVD on August 18, 2009, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has released the following embedded video clips from the Pete’s Dragon High-Flying Edition DVD:
Dragon In the Cave (Film)
Featurette: Dragons (Bonus)
The full press release with details about the movie’s release follows:
Magical and Musical Adventures Come to Life in
Pete’s Dragon: High Flying Edition
Available on DVD August 18, 2009
(click to enlarge)
BURBANK, Calif., June 15, 2009 – Animation and live-action combine to bring the magical friendship between a young orphan and his unusual best friend to life in Pete’s Dragon High Flying Edition, coming to DVD on August 18, 2009 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. A classic feel-good Disney tale for the entire family, Pete’s Dragon High Flying Edition is packed with adventure, comedy and soaring musical numbers that have charmed children and adults since its 1977 debut. Now available in this special edition DVD, Pete’s Dragon High Flying Edition comes with nearly an hour of brand-new bonus features, including a look at Disney’s live action/animation legacy, alternate versions of some of the film’s most beloved songs and much more.
Pete’s Dragon was nominated for two Academy Awards (Best Music, Original Song and Best Music, Original Song Score and Its Adaptation or Best Score). The film boasts an extraordinary cast that includes Sean Marshall (“To Race the Wind”), Helen Reddy (Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band), Mickey Rooney (Night at the Museum), Jeff Conaway (Grease), Shelley Winters (The Poseidon Adventure), Jim Dale (“Pushing Daisies”) and Red Buttons (“ER”), with Charlie Callas as the voice of Elliot the Dragon.
• Brazzle Dazzle Effects: Disney’s Movie Magic – An entertaining new look at Disney’s pioneering work in the magical mix of live-action and animation, narrated by the star of Pete’s Dragon, Sean Marshall.
• Deleted Storyboard Sequence: “Terminus & Hoagy Hunt Elliot” – A rare demo dialog track and storyboard sketches.
• Original Song Concept: “Boo Bop Bopbop Bop (I Love You, Too)” – The first demo recording for one of the film’s unforgettable musical sequences with story sketches for an early concept of the song Pete sings to Elliot.
• Original Demo Recordings (Audio Only) – A special audio-only feature that includes early demo versions of “Brazzle Dazzle Day” and “Every Little Piece” before they evolved into the songs heard in the movie. Also includes “The Greatest Star of All,” a song originally intended to be sung by Ferdinand, a character later deleted from the film.
• Promotional Record (Audio Only) – Pop versions of “It’s Not Easy,” “Brazzle Dazzle Day,” “There’s Room For Everyone” and Academy Award nominee for Best Song, “Candle On The Water,” originally released together on a 7″ record to promote the film’s music.
• “Where’s Elliot?” – The Disappearing Dragon Game
• Pete’s Dragon Art Galleries
• About Pete’s Dragon
• Disney Family Album
• The Plausible Impossible
• Lighthouse Keeping
Pete’s Dragon is an uplifting musical adventure about a spunky young orphan that blends live action and stellar Disney animation. With his only friend Elliot, a tubby, 12-foot tall dragon who can make himself invisible, Pete (Sean Marshall) takes refuge from his abusive adoptive family in the seaside town of Passamaquoddy, Maine. After Elliot’s invisible antics wreak havoc with the residents and Pete gets the blame, Nora (Helen Reedy) is touched by the youngster’s plight and takes him to live with her and her tippling father Lampie (Mickey Rooney) in the Passamaquoddy Point lighthouse. Lampie’s tipsy tales of the boy and his dragon amuse the disbelieving townsfolk, until the local quack, Dr. Terminus, discovers that Elliot is real and hatches a scheme to capture the dragon. An exciting and inspiring story with unforgettable music, including the Academy Award nominated “Candle on the Water,” “There’s Room for Everyone” and “Brazzle Dazzle Day,” Pete’s Dragon High Flying Edition will be a perennial favorite with children and parents.
STREET DATE: August 19, 2009
Direct prebook: June 23, 2009
Distributor prebook: July 7, 2009
Pricing: $29.99 US, $35.99 Canada
Feature run time: 129 Minutes
Rated: ‘G’ (US); ‘G’ (Canada)
Bonus Materials Not Rated
Technical specifications may only apply to feature.
Aspect ratio: Widescreen (1.66:1)
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1 surround
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.