PR: Nickelodeon's "Ni Hao, Kai-lan" Chinese New Year Special Draws 2.2M Total Viewers
Nickelodeon’s Ni Hao, Kai-lan Chinese New Year Special Tops All TV with Kid Viewers, Draws 2.2 Million Total Viewers
Preschoolers and kids tuned in for Nickelodeon’s Ni Hao, Kai-lan half-hour prime-time Chinese New Year special,- “Ladybug Festival” (Monday, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m. [ET/PT]) -which ranked as kids’ most-watched program for the night on all of television. The telecast drew 2.2 million total viewers (P2+) and earned double-digit gains with the show’s preschool audience.
Highlights for “Lady Bug Festival” include:
- “Ladybug Festival” was the most-watched telecast on all of television for the night (Monday, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m. [ET/PT]) with kids 2-5 and kids 2-11.
- The primetime TV movie drew 2.2 million total viewers (P2+) and earned a 4.0/551,000 million kids 2-5, up +82% in rating; and a 3.3/1.2 million kids 2-11.
- The special earned a .6/660,000 with adults 18-49, up +20% over year-ago.
- Nickjr.com’s “Ladybug Festival” video content generated almost 2.1 million streams since launch on Jan. 28. (Source: Omniture SiteCatalyst V. 13.5)
- A Ni Hao Chinese New Year game– “HoHo’s Chinese New Year Coin Catch”–launched on Nick.com Jan. 1, and generated 2.5 million game plays.