"Johnny Bravo" Valentine's Day Marathon on Boomerang on February 14, 2009
Boomerang will be hosting a Johnny Bravo Valentine’s Day Marathon on Saturday, February 14, 2009, from 2:00 – 8:30 PM (Eastern). The episodes will showcase Johnny Bravo’s biggest dating snafus and foul-ups, culminating on the network debut of the special It’s Valentine’s Day, Johnny Bravo, at 8:00 PM.
The complete press release follows.
Love is in the Air for Johnny Bravo on Boomerang
Cartoon Casanova is the Star of Boomerang’s Valentine’s Day Marathon, Saturday, Feb. 14, 2-8:30 p.m. ET
Holiday Celebration to Include Boomerang Premiere of It’s Valentine’s Day, Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo is a buff, girl-chasing-mama’s-boy who can’t seem to get a date in spite of his good looks and an even better hairdo. On Saturday, February 14th (Valentine’s Day), Johnny Bravo’s funniest dating disasters will be showcased in a six and a half-hour marathon beginning at 2 p.m. (ET) on the commercial-free Boomerang network. The marathon will culminate with the network premiere of the special, It’s Valentine’s Day, Johnny Bravo at 8 p.m. (ET).
In this very special episode, we learn that Valentine’s Day is in fact Johnny Bravo’s birthday also, which might explain his penchant for amorous antics. He yet again strikes out with the ladies until his “mama,” Bunny Bravo, sets him up on a blind date with a real “knock-out”-literally. Meeting the girl of his dreams turns out to be a true nightmare during what should be the most romantic night of the year. A plethora of guest stars appearing in It’s Valentine’s Day, Johnny Bravo include former Saturday Night Live cast member Molly Shannon, “New Kids on the Block” heartthrob Joe McIntyre, the Brady Bunch’s Maureen McCormick and former teen idol Donny Osmond.
“Here at Boomerang, we thought we might offer an alternative to all the typically sappy romance of Valentine’s Day,” said Stacy Isenhower, senior vice president of programming and scheduling for Boomerang and Cartoon Network. “With his unblemished record for causing amorous mishaps, Johnny Bravo gives us all a chance to laugh at love.”
Highlights of the marathon include the following episodes:
- “Going Batty” – 3 p.m. (ET) – A beautiful vampire uses an oblivious Johnny to trick her nerdy boyfriend into being jealous.
- “Buffoon Lagoon” – 4 p.m. (ET) – Johnny is shipwrecked with a pretty girl who won’t take “yes” for an answer.
- “The Johnny Bravo Affair” – 5 p.m. (ET) – Johnny falls asleep inside a sarcophagus at the local museum, waking up to see a gorgeous cat burglar stealing the world-famous Hope Zirconium. When he mistakenly swallows the stone, the cat burglar takes him back to her place to get it back by any means necessary.
- “The Time of My Life” – 6 p.m. (ET) – In a flashback to Johnny’s 80′s high school days, Johnny tells Little Suzy the story of his first love and how he went from a 98-pound weakling to a super-buffed stud. Featuring music by Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode, Yaz and Erasure)
- “Hip Hop Flop!” – 7 p.m. (ET) – A Hip Hop girl catches Johnny’s eye, but the only way she’ll look back is if Johnny gets all funky fresh. When the rap group “The Round Pound” comes to Aron City, Johnny gets a crash course on Hip Hop culture from the 300-pound rappers.
Boomerang is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s (TBS, Inc.) 24-hour cable/satellite network offering the best in classic animated entertainment. In partnership with Cartoon Network, the service boasts 75 percent unduplicated programming and is available to cable/satellite operators and their customers in Spanish. Boomerang’s official Web site is located at http://Boomerang.CartoonNetwork.com.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.