"Wonder Woman" Animated DTV Coming March 3, 2009; New Screens and Pre-Production Art
Warner Home Video has announced a release date of March 3, 2009 for the Wonder Woman direct-to-video animated movie, coming in single- and two-disc DVD and Blu-ray high definition disc. The original feature stars Keri Russell as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, and Alfred Molina as Ares, as well as Virginia Madsen, Rosario Dawson, Oliver Platt, and David McCallum. The movie will be produced by Bruce Timm and directed by Lauren Montgomery from a screenplay by Michael Jelenic. Special features will include:
- “Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream” featurette on the history of Wonder Woman and her message of empowerment for women.
- “Wonder Woman: The Daughters of Myth” featurette on the Amazons and how they link to the evolution of Wonder Woman.
- Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess” featurette on the history of DC’s iconic superhero.
- Audio Commentary by Gregory Noveck, Bruce Timm, Lauren Montgomery, and Michael Jelenic.
- Bonus Justice League/Justice League Unlimited episodes “To Another Shore” and “Hawk and Dove” on all editions, and “Paradise Lost” Pts 1 and 2 on the 2-disc and Blu-ray editions.
- A digital copy download for viewing on computers, iPods, and other portable video players.
- A sneak peek at the next DC direct-to-video animated movie.
Warner Home Video also released the following new screen shots and pre-production artwork. Click on the thumbnails below to get the full-sized images; screens from the movie are presented in 1920×1080 high definition resolution:
UPDATED November 19, 2008: The Los Angeles Times Hero Complex weblog has posted an extra, exclusive still from the movie.