PR: Nickelodeon Offers "Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend" Starting Nov. 26, 2008
Nickelodeon’s Thanksgiving Menu Offers Non-Stop Animation
with “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend”, Beginning Nov. 26
Four-Day Animation Cornucopia to Include Sneak-Peek of New Series The Penguins of Madagascar,
New Animated Naked Brothers Band Special, Premieres of SpongeBob SquarePants,
The Mighty B!, Back at the Barnyard and The Fairly OddParents
*Art and Screeners Available Upon Request
NEW YORK, Nov. 3, 2008 - Nickelodeon brings to the table a cornucopia of animation during “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend,” the network’s Thanksgiving celebration airing Wednesday, Nov. 26, through Sunday, Nov. 30. The “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend” will offer kids and their families four days of animation-packed premieres, movies, marathons and favorite episodes, plus five chances to catch a sneak peek of the network’s newest Nicktoon series, The Penguins of Madagascar, launching in 2009. The series is based on DreamWorks Animation’s hit feature film “Madagascar” and upcoming sequel “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa.”
In addition to the weekend-long on-air event, Nickelodeon’s website – www.nick.com/stuffed – feature sneak peeks of all the episodes airing during “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend”, Thanksgiving-themed quizzes, downloadable screensavers, posters, wallpapers and buddy icons, message boards to discuss Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend and other holiday happenings, and a schedule of tune-in times and links to related show sites, games and video. Additionally, beginning Monday, Nov. 17, special playlists of clips and replays of the “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend” will be offered on TurboNick, Nick’s online broadband player, and on Nick’s wireless platforms.
The following are highlights of the “Superstuffed Nicktoons Weekend” (premieres in bold and all times ET/PT):
Wednesday, Nov. 26, at 8:30 p.m.
- The Naked Brothers Band gets animated with their first full-length cartoon special, “The Supetastic 6“. The half-hour animated special follows a jazz-playing criminal genius who, jealous of the Naked Brothers Band’s success, threatens to steal the world’s hair supply. The band knows the only ones who can stop Global Balding are their superhero alter egos, The Supetastic 6.
Thursday, Nov. 27, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Thanksgiving Day programming will feature back-to-back Nicktoon movies:
8 a.m. The Wild ThornBerrys Movie
10 a.m. The Fairly OddParents’ “Channel Chasers”
11:30 a.m. SpongeBob SquarePants’ “Pest of the West”
12 p.m. Rugrats: Go Wild
1:30 p.m. SpongeBob SquarePants’ “WhoBob WhatPants?”
2 p.m. The Fairly OddParents’ “Fairly Idol”
3 p.m. “Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour 1″
4 p.m. “Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide”
5 p.m. “Jimmy / Timmy 3: The Jerkinators!”
6 p.m. The Fairly OddParents’ “Fairly OddBaby”
7 p.m. SpongeBob: The Movie
Friday, Nov. 28, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday’s programming will feature a day-long marathon of SpongeBob SquarePants episodes, including SpongeBob: The Movie at 6 p.m. and the following back-to-back premieres:
8 p.m. “The Slumber Party” / “Grooming Gary”
- Pearl’s getting ready for her slumber party, but Mr. Krabs’ meddling in the party preparations is getting out of control. Pearl forces him out of the house and orders him to stay at SpongeBob’s until the party’s over, so Mr. Krabs sends his #1 employee SpongeBob to be his undercover spy.
- SpongeBob enters Gary in a pet show, but realizes Gary needs a makeover when he sees the competition. Unfortunately Gary isn’t keen on being primped and made into a pretty show snail, and it turns out the other pets in the show aren’t either.
8:30 p.m. “Porous Pockets” / Sneak-Peek of The Penguins of Madagascar
- When SpongeBob suddenly becomes the richest citizen of Bikini Bottom, he finds himself surrounded by lots of new “friends” who are more than happy to help him spend his money. As SpongeBob spends more time with his new pals, he spends less time with his best buddy Patrick and jeopardizes their friendship.
- Sneak-peek of The Penguins of Madagascar, based on Dreamworks’ feature film Madagascar, and will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2009.
9:00 p.m. “Krusty Krushers” / “The Card”
- Mr. Krabs hatches up yet another get-rich-quick scheme: professional wrestling. But he won’t be the one wrestling; he’s going to be the manager – and money-handler – for the newest tag-team wrestlers in Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob and Patrick.
- The new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy trading cards are on sale, and SpongeBob is determined to get the super special rare talking card. He’s stunned when Patrick immediately finds the card without even trying. And to make matters worse, he doesn’t treat it with the care and respect SpongeBob believes it deserves.
9:30 p.m. “Dear Vikings” / “Ditchin”
- There’s a new Viking-themed promotion at the Krusty Krab, so SpongeBob is determined to find out everything there is to know about Vikings. Since there’s no better way to find out about Vikings than to communicate with them directly, SpongeBob writes a letter to the Vikings, and is surprised when they visit the Krusty Krab to answer his questions in person.
- Mermaidman and Barnacleboy are having a book signing, but SpongeBob can’t go because he has boating school. After some convincing, Patrick finally gets SpongeBob to take a bathroom break from class – a really long one – so they can go to the signing. But the day turns sour when SpongeBob becomes racked with guilt about ditching class.
Saturday, Nov. 29, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The day’s line-up features hour-long blocks of Back at the Barnyard and The Mighty B!, including the following premieres:
8 p.m. Back at the Barnyard’s “The Uddered Avenger,” one-hour movie
- When Cowman is assigned the task of guarding the Jurassic Corn Kernel at the county fair, Otis takes the kernel himself to keep it safe from the villainous Professor Twiny Vines. Thinking he stole it, the town brands Cowman “Public Enemy #1.” Even Otis’ friends think he’s gone to the dark side. Cowman and his sidekick Ratboy vow to do whatever they can to clear their names, save their friends and stop Professor Twiny Vines, who’s teamed up with Mrs. Beady to destroy the town.
9:00 p.m. “Toot Toot” / “To Bee or Not to Bee”
- When Bessie accidentally passes gas during a troop meeting, she is forced to resign from the Honeybees. But without the Honeybees, Bessie doesn’t know what to do with her life. She sinks deeper and deeper into depression until she finds something shocking in the Honeybee Handbook: the Toot Toot badge.
- Bessie won a contest to meet Miriam Breedlove, the founder of the Honeybees. As part of the prize, Bessie will have the opportunity to ask Miriam exactly three questions, and Bessie is dying to ask the one question that could possibly shape her destiny – what is the true story behind the Mighty Bee? But Bessie is so nervous that she’s starting to fall to pieces and she may not be able to pull herself together in time for the most important meeting of her life.
9:30 p.m. “Thanksgiving Beeenactment” / Sneak-Peek of The Penguins of Madagascar
- Disgusted by the commercialization of Thanksgiving, Bessie gets all the Honeybees to go on a trip to a historical colonial village so they can experience the original Thanksgiving. But when Portia refuses to follow the colonial village’s no technology rule, the villagers lock her up for being a witch.
Sunday, Nov. 30, from 6 am. to 9 p.m.
Nick’s stuffing Sunday with The Fairly OddParents all day long, capping off with back-to-back premieres:
8:00 p.m. “CHINdred Spirits” / “Vicky Gets Fired”
- Timmy’s disappointed to see how boring the Crimson Chin comics have become lately. When he spends a day with the Chin, he sees why – the Chin is lonely. Timmy wishes up a super girlfriend for him, except now the comic is both boring and romantic, yuck! Desperate, Timmy unknowingly makes a wish that changes everything, so he must undo his wish – and fast.
- Despite all the ways Vicky has tortured Timmy, it’s only when she accidentally erases a videotape that Mom and Dad actually fire her. Determined to get a job, Vicky decides she wants to be mayor and takes over the city. As she’s ready to make Vickyville a whole new country, Timmy, who’s happy for the first time, realizes he’s got to get Vicky out of office and back as his babysitter in order to maintain peace.
8:30 p.m. “9 Lives” / “Dread and Breakfast”
- When Catman tells Timmy he’s used up eight of his nine cat lives saving Dimmsdale from crime, Timmy helps Catman find a “safer” job where he can still help people. But it turns out Catman is terrible at every job Timmy gets for him. Thankfully, Mom and Dad are overrun by a hoard of rodents. Sensing he’s needed, Catman (or “Ratman”) snaps out of his funk and puts his ninth life on the line to save the day once more.
- Dad’s quit his job to make sock monkeys, and there’s no income for the Turners…until Mom turns the house into a bed and breakfast. That’d be fine, if the first guests weren’t Mr. Crocker, Dark Laser and Tootie who either want to destroy Timmy or kiss him. As Timmy runs around frantically trying to stay one step ahead of his house guests, he must find a way to get everyone out without using the very fairy magic Crocker is hoping to catch him using.
Nickelodeon, now in its 29th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 96 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 14 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).