PR: Har Har Tharsdays Leads Cartoon Network to Across-the-Board Prime Time Growth
HAR HAR THARSDAYS Leads Cartoon Network
to Across-the-Board Prime Time Growth
Thursday Night Franchise Earns 40% to 95% Delivery and Ratings Growth Among Kids 2-11, 6-11 and 9-14
Sailing into August with equally solid growth across all targeted kid demos, Cartoon Network’s HAR HAR THARSDAYS franchise (Thursday, 7:30-10 p.m.) led the network to across-the-board prime time delivery and ratings growth among its key audiences, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. Crowned by a new episode of the animated reality series Total Drama Island (Thursday, 9 p.m.), HAR HAR THARSDAYS’ performance earned 40% to 95% delivery and ratings growth among its targeted kids 2-11, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Each series-including originals Chowder (8 p.m.) and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (8:30 p.m.)-earned double and/or triple-digit delivery and ratings gains vs. the 2007 time period. Cartoon Network’s prime time performance overall earned 6% to 11% gains among the same kids demos compared to the same time period last year.
Highlights of Cartoon Network’s HAR HAR THARSDAYS and prime time performances, as well as its top performing series within the franchise, include the following:
HAR HAR THARSDAYS (Thurs., 7:30-10 p.m.) vs. the Same 2007 Time Period
* Kids 2-11 delivery (1,256,000) increased by 40%, and ratings (3.1) by 41%
* Kids 6-11 delivery (934,000) grew by 50%, and ratings (3.8) by 46%
* Kids 9-14 delivery (746,000) expanded by 95%, and ratings (3.1) by 94%
Cartoon Network Weekly Prime Time (Mon.-Sat., 8-11 p.m.; Sun, 8-10 p.m.) vs. the Same 2007 Time Period
* Kids 2-11 delivery (838,000) and ratings (2.1) both jumped by 11%
* Kids 6-11 delivery (591,000) and ratings (2.4) both improved by 9%
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (439,000) grew by 7%, and ratings (1.8) by 6%
Total Drama Island (9 p.m.) vs. the Same 2007 Time Period
* Kids 2-11 delivery (1,509,000) and ratings (3.1) both advanced by 85%
* Kids 6-11 delivery (1,207,000) charged ahead by 130%, and ratings (5.0) by 127%
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (1,021,000) catapulted by 203%, and ratings (4.2) by 200%
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in nearly 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
RATING PERIOD: 8/04/08 – 8/10/08
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Preliminary Nielsen Media Research data, based on most current data available (Live+SD). Complete and final data (Live+7) will be available in two weeks. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 112,800,000 homes.
* Adult Swim once again ranked #1 for total day delivery of targeted young adult demos among all ad-supported basic cable networks. The late-night network claimed the crown for #1 delivery of adults 18-34, adults 18-24 (tied with Nick-at-Nite), men 18-34 and men 18-24. 18 of the Top 50 telecasts of the week among adults 18-34 were Adult Swim presentations, which included such off-net and original series titles as Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Venture Brothers, American Dad and The Boondocks.