PR: CHOWDER Earns Cartoon Network's #1 Telecast of Year Among Kids 6-11, Boys 6-11
Scoring even stronger delivery and ratings since its launch last week on Nov. 2, Cartoon Network’s new animated series CHOWDER rocketed to the network’s #1 telecast of the year on Sunday night, Nov. 11 (7:30 p.m.), according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. The latest animated creation from C.H. Greenblatt (SpongeBob SquarePants) attracted 1,201,000 kids 6-11 and a 4.9 rating—the top 2007 telecast year-to-date with the key demo. Among boys 6-11, the telecast earned a 7.2 rating and delivered 899,000 viewers, also a new 2007 network record.
CHOWDER’s second episode premiere on Friday night (7:30 p.m.) also out-performed the original series’ premiere delivery and ratings performance among kids 6-11 by a significant 25%. The Nov. 9 CHOWDER episode also charted huge triple-digit growth among targeted kids demos compared to the same time period one year ago. Finally, CHOWDER led Cartoon Network’s newest primetime franchise, FRIED DYNAMITE (Friday, 7-11 p.m.), to strong double-digit growth vs. last year’s programming across the same timeframe.
Highlights of CHOWDER’s and FRIED DYNAMITE’s performances vs. the same time periods last year include the following:
CHOWDER (Sunday, 7:30 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,201,000) increased by 93%, and ratings (4.9) by 88%–both 2007 network records!
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,513,000) expanded by 76%, and ratings (3.8) by 81%
- Boys 6-11 delivery (899,000) improved by 99%, and ratings (7.2) by 100%–both 2007 network records!
- Boys 2-11 delivery (1,089,000) surged ahead by 90%, and ratings (5.3) by 89%
CHOWDER New Episode Premiere (Friday, 7:30 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (976,000) catapulted by 143%, and ratings (4.0) by 135%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,347,000) jumped by 146%, and ratings (3.3) by 136%
FRIED DYNAMITE (Friday, 7-11 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (734,000) increased by 44%, and ratings (3.0) by 43%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,038,000) expanded by 57%, and ratings (2.6) by 53%
The new animated comedy series Chowder chronicles the magical misadventures of a young chef’s apprenticeship in the fantastical city of Marzipan, where each day is filled with amazing and surreal situations and avoiding one disaster after another.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in nearly 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.