PR: Boomerang to Go Pants-free All Day Long in "No Undies Mondays" Marathon
Boomerang’s classic cartoon franchise, No Undies Mondays, will air a 24-hour marathon, Monday, Nov. 12 beginning at 6 a.m., featuring an array of pants-less toons from the immortal Hanna-Barbera catalog. Famed characters such as Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie and Quick Draw McGraw will be showcased in some of their best animated shorts-all that feature them without pants! As with all Boomerang presentations, the marathon will air commercial-free on the classic animation network.
“Don’t think we haven’t noticed the recent rash of celebrities caught in public without their undergarments, unmentionables and underthingies. Suffice to say there is a trend and everyone knows the fashion craze started on Boomerang,” said Rico Hill, vice president of programming and acquisitions for Boomerang and Cartoon Network. “Boomerang will present characters who may wear formal collars, cuffs, ties and vests…but no underwear. Some of the spotlighted characters include Peter Potamus, Squiddly Diddly, Grape Ape and Babbalooey, to name a few.”
Highlighted below are some of the episodes that are included in NO UNDIES MONDAYS MARATHON:
* Hound Nuts “Nuts Over Mutts” – (7 p.m.) Huck Hound gets a job as a dog catcher and tries to match wits with a dog who snickers like Muttley from Wacky Races.
* Augie Doggie “Mars Little Precious” – (10 a.m., 4 p.m., and 12 a.m.) Augie aggress to baby sit a baby Martian from Mars who causes chaos with his baby Martian toys.
* Yogi Bear “Duck in Luck” – (7 p.m.) Yogi rescues YAKKY DOODLE from a hunter and his funny baking dog.
* Yogi Bear “Touch a Go-Go-Go!” – (10 a.m.) A fairy godmother gives Yogi the ability to transform anything he touches into a picnic basket. When Boo Boo gets changed into a picnic basket accidentally, Yogi cries fowl.
* Yogi Bear “Buzzin’ Bear” – (7 p.m.) Yogi steals a helicopter. Rangers “bill” and “Joe” try to get the helicopter back with disastrous results.
* Quick Draw McGraw “El Kabong Strikes Again!”- (8 p.m. and 2.a.m.) El Kabong mentions his friend HUCKLEBERRY HOUND as he battles El Tabasco.
Boomerang is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s (TBS, Inc.) 24-hour cable/satellite network offering the best in classic animated entertainment. In partnership with Cartoon Network, the service boasts 75 percent unduplicated programming and is available to cable/satellite operators and their customers in Spanish. Boomerang’s official Web site is located at http://Boomerang.CartoonNetwork.com.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 10:30 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.