PR: Nick Jr. Presents Five New Episodes of "The Wonder Pets!" in October
NICK JR. PRESENTS FIVE NEW EPISODES OF HIT SERIES THE WONDER PETS! IN OCTOBER
Every weekday beginning Friday, October 19 – Thursday, October 25 at 10:30 a.m. (ET/PT), Nick Jr. will premiere five brand-new episodes of its hit preschool series The Wonder Pets!
The Wonder Pets!, from creator/executive producer Josh Selig of Little Airplane Productions, Inc., is TV’s first mini-operetta for preschoolers, and the first preschool series to feature a lineup of Tony award-winning and nominated Broadway composers, including series’ lead composer Larry Hochman (Monty Python’s Spamalot), Bobby Lopez (Avenue Q), and Jason Robert Brown (Parade). Grammy Award-winning producer and recording engineer Jeffrey Lesser serves as music producer/music supervisor. All of the music on The Wonder Pets! is recorded with a live orchestra and much of the dialogue is sung in operetta style.
The Wonder Pets! chronicles the adventures of three funny, singing classroom pets: Linny the Guinea Pig (Sofie Zamchick), Ming-Ming Duckling (Emmy-nominated Danica Lee) and Turtle Tuck (Teala Dunn), who travel the world and use teamwork to save baby animals in distress. At the end of each school day when the teachers and students have gone home, the fearless trio become The Wonder Pets! and travel across oceans, into space, and even back in time to save animals in distress. Like real preschoolers, The Wonder Pets! have no actual super powers, but they work together as a team to overcome adversity and achieve great success.
The following is a rundown of new episodes of The Wonder Pets! in October (all times are 10:30 a.m., ET/PT):
· Friday, October 19, “Save the Turtle”/”Save Little Red Riding Hood” – When Tuck dives into his pond, he accidentally ends up stranded on a Coral Reef in the Caribbean . Linny and Ming-Ming must rescue Tuck before the approaching rain arrives. Next, The Wonder Pets journey back into Puppetland to save Little Red Riding Hood from the Big Bad Wolf.
· Monday, October 22, “Save the Egg”/”Save the Flamingo” – The Wonder Pets head to Yellowstone National Park to rescue an egg that’s teetering on the edge of a cliff. Later, The Wonder Pets get a call from a baby pink flamingo who is stuck in a marsh in a coloring book. The trio use crayons to draw a bridge and save the pink flamingo.
· Tuesday, October 23, “Save the Bee”/”Save the Squirrel” – The Wonder Pets shrink down to bee-size to help a baby bee make her first collection of nectar for her hive. Next, The Wonder Pets head to Coney Island to save a baby squirrel who is stuck in cotton candy to the tracks of a roller coaster.
· Wednesday, October 24, “Save the Chameleon”/”Save the Platypus” – Ming-Ming and Tuck aren’t speaking to each other and their feud threatens the rescue of a baby platypus who is heading toward a waterfall. Later, The Wonder Pets journey to Madagascar to help a young chameleon who is being pursued by a cuckoo hawk.
· Thursday, October 25, “Save the Dragon”/”Save the Beaver” – The Wonder Pets head to Vermont to help a baby beaver whose family’s dam has a hole in it. Next, The Wonder Pets journey back to the Magical Land to help a baby dragon who is floating away on an enchanted cloud.
· Friday, October 26, “Save the Turtle”/”Save Little Red Riding Hood” Encore