TZ @ SDCC: FUNimation Licenses "Vexille," Info on "One Piece" And More (Updated)
Toon Zone News’ Matt Hazuda is reporting on-site from San Diego Comic-Con 2007 and brings us the following details from FUNimation’s panel. The company has announced the license of Vexille a futuristic movie from the producers of Appleseed.
After the announcement they played a trailer for the film and they held a question and answer session about all aspects of their business. Information from the session included the following:
- In regards to the FUNimation block on Colours TV, they noted that series on the block would continue to run in seasons.
- More Case Closed is coming. This includes the previously announced second movie. FUNimation does have two additional seasons of the show under contract, but they are going to need more support if the series is to continue.
- Five to six episodes of One Piece have been completed.
- Four directors are working on the series, including Zach Bolton and Caitlin Glass.
- One Piece will be released in box sets similar to Naruto.
- While FUNimation does not know yet for sure, they think they will have access to the widescreen versions of the later One Piece episodes.
- The songs in One Piece will be dubbed.
- FUNimation still does not have any plans to continue Kodocha.
Stay tuned to Toon Zone News for complete coverage from San Diego Comic-Con 2007 throughout the weekend.
[Source: Matt Hazuda live from San Diego Comic-Con 2007]
(Last Updated July 28, 2007, 3:30pm Pacific Time)