What's Really Happening With "Ed, Edd and Eddy"
Lately, it seems that there has been a little confusion over the production status of the hit Cartoon Network series Ed, Edd and Eddy, so Toon Zone News contacted a.k.a Cartoon for the direct scoop.
- Currently, the studio is working on a 90 minute direct to TV movie. It will be broadcast in 2008 and be released on DVD at the same time.
- The work on the direct to TV movie replaces the previously announced Season 6 episode order. This is not because of a lack of interest in making more episodes, but rather because a.k.a Cartoon’s entire staff is working on the film, leaving no one left over to work on episodes.
- The decision to make a TV Movie rather than a 6th Season was Danny Antonucci’s decision. He wanted to make a movie, and Cartoon Network gave him the OK.
- Whether more episodes will be made after the movie hasn’t been decided yet. That’s essentially up to Danny Antonucci, a.k.a Cartoon and Cartoon Network.
- The Best Day Edder, as of June 14th, has provided Cartoon Network with their best ratings so far this year.
Special Thanks to: a.k.a Cartoon.