PR: Aliens Take Over Popular Series in "Cartoon Network Invaded"
They’re Coming in May on Cartoon Network!
Aliens Take Over Popular Original Series in “Cartoon Network Invaded,” an Out-of-this-World Event
The invasion begins in May when Bloo from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends sends a message to deep space and ends up letting aliens loose on Earth and in several popular Cartoon Network original series Ed, Edd n Eddy, My Gym Partner’s a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Alien-themed episodes will air throughout the month, beginning Friday, May 4, at 7 p.m. (ET, PT), culminating with an out-of-this-world alien invasion marathon on Memorial Day.
Mischievous alien warlords invade Cartoon Network in search of the one element they need to rebuild their galactic world: cheese. The hapless aliens take over the hit series and the entire network in May on their way to universal domination. Following is the schedule for the invasion. All times ET, PT.
* Friday, May 4, at 7 p.m.: Foster’s Home for Imaginary
Friends: “Cheese A Go-Go” – After seeing an alien movie and reading a tabloid about an alien who somewhat resembles Cheese, Bloo becomes convinced that Cheese is a brain sucking alien. Bloo sends out a message to deep space and essentially invites the aliens to Earth.
* Friday, May 11, at 7 p.m.: Ed, Edd n Eddy: “The Eds are Coming!” – Ravenous aliens have descended on Rolf’s house, and the kids of the cul-de-sac must band together to defeat the invading scourge.
* Friday, May 18, at 7 p.m.: My Gym Partner’s a Monkey: “That Darn Platypus” – A duck-billed platypus named Rick is a new student at Charles Darwin Elementary. Everyone but Adam is convinced he is a brain-juice sucking alien from outer space since he doesn’t look like any animal they’ve ever seen.
* Friday, May 25, at 7 p.m.: Camp Lazlo: “Strange Trout from Outer Space” – Three aliens abduct Samson and make his life even more miserable than it already is. “Cheese Orbs” – Three aliens hang out at the Squirrel Scout Camp and come between best friends Patsy and Nina.
* Monday, May 28, at 9 p.m.: The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: “Billy and Mandy Moon the Moon” – When cheese-obsessed alien invaders from the moon abduct Billy, Mandy, and Grim, it’s up to them to save the world’s dairy supply with magic, kung-fu and a good nose-picking.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in nearly 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.