PR: Disney Channel Weekly Ratings Highlights for February 5-11, 2007
Weekly Ratings Highlights for February 5-11, 2007
Final National Ratings
DISNEY CHANNEL RANKS AS BASIC CABLE’S NO. 1 NETWORK IN TOTAL DAY IN TWEENS 9-14
DISNEY CHANNEL TOPS ALL BASIC CABLE IN PRIME, EXTENDING ITS DOMINANCE TO 97 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS IN KIDS 6-11 AND TO 93 IN TWEENS 9-14
FOR THE FIFTH STRAIGHT WEEK, “CORY IN THE HOUSE” STANDS AS BASIC CABLE’S NO. 1 SERIES IN KIDS 6-11 AND TWEENS 9-14
WITH “CORY IN THE HOUSE,” “HANNAH MONTANA” & “THE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK & CODY,” DISNEY CHANNEL IS HOME TO 3 OF THE WEEK’S TOP 5 BASIC CABLE SERIES IN KEY KIDS
FOR ITS 2-HOUR FOURTH SEASON LAUNCH, “KIM POSSIBLE” MAKES DISNEY CHANNEL TV’S NO. 1 NETWORK IN THE TIME PERIOD IN KIDS 6-11 AND TWEENS 9-14, AND BASIC CABLE’S MOST-WATCHED IN TOTAL VIEWERS
ON SATURDAY, “MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE” DELIVERS A SERIES HIGH IN KIDS 2-5 AND STANDS AS THE MOST-WATCHED TELECAST EVER IN THE DAYPART IN THE NET’S HISTORY
“MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE” AND “LITTLE EINSTEINS” FINISH AMONG BASIC CABLE’S TOP 10 REGULARLY SCHEDULED SERIES FOR THE WEEK IN KIDS 2-5
PLAYHOUSE DISNEY ENJOYS ITS HIGHEST-RATED WEEK IN ALMOST TWO MONTHS, DELIVERING CONSIDERABLE DOUBLE-DIGIT INCREASES OVER YEAR-AGO LEVELS
* Disney Channel finished as basic cable’s No. 1 network in Total Day in Tweens 9-14 (1.9 rating – tied Nick).
* Disney Channel ranked No. 1 in Prime versus all basic cable for the 97th straight week in Kids 6-11 (1.0 million/4.3 rating) and for the 93rd week in a row in Tweens 9-14 (952,000/3.9 rating).
* Extending its dominance to five consecutive weeks, “Cory in the House” once again finished as the week’s No. 1 basic cable series in Kids 6-11 (1.5 million/6.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.4 million/5.6 rating).
* In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel owned 3 of the week’s Top 5 series on all basic cable with “Cory in the House” (#1; 1.5 million/6.4 rating), “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody” (#4; 1.2 million/5.1 rating) and “Hannah Montana” (#5; 1.2 million/5.0 rating).
* In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel was also home to 3 of the week’s Top-5 rated basic cable series with “Cory in the House” (#1; 1.4 million/5.6 rating), “Hannah Montana” (#2; 1.1 million/4.4 rating) and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody” (#5; 1.0 million/4.2 rating).
* The 2-hour fourth season launch of original animated series “Kim Possible” on Saturday (8:00-10:00 p.m.) made Disney Channel TV’s most-watched channel (broadcast and basic cable) in the time period in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.3 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.2 million/4.9 rating), and basic cable’s No. 1 network in Total Viewers (3.13 million).
* On Saturday, Playhouse Disney series “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (9:00-9:30 a.m.) hit a new series high in Kids 2-5 (1.2 million/7.4 rating). Moreover, this was Disney Channel’s most-watched telecast ever in the daypart in the target preschool demo
* In Kids 2-5, “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (#7; 769,000/4.9 rating) and “Little Einsteins” (#10; 704,000/4.5 rating) stood among the week’s Top 10 regularly scheduled basic cable series.
* Boosted by an all-around solid week for its original series, Playhouse Disney netted the block’s best ratings in almost two months (week of 12/18/06) in Kids 2-5 (456,000/2.9 rating), surpassing year-ago levels (week of 2/6/06) by a significant 38%. In fact, this week saw Disney Channel net its third highest delivery ever in the daypart in the key kid demo.
[Source: Nielsen Media Research (Preliminary, Live + Same Day, 2/5/07-2/11/07). Ratings based on national rating unless otherwise noted. Regularly scheduled series=minimum 5 telecasts. ]
— DISNEY CHANNEL —