Press Release: Cartoon Network Gorges on Halloween Treats in October
Month of Spooky Programming Capped by Nine-Hour Halloween Marathon on Oct. 31
Cartoon Network stuffs its lineup full of tasty animated morsels this October, with a full month of spooky programming that is nutty, delicious and calorie-free. From the television movie premiere of Scooby-Doo: Pirates Ahoy! and Casper’s Scare School to marathons and special Halloween episodes of Cartoon Network original series like Ed, Edd n Eddy and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Cartoon Network offers up hours of scary and silly fare. Following are highlights from an October schedule sure to satisfy any cartoon craving. All times ET, PT.
* 7 p.m.: Scooby-Doo: Pirates Ahoy! – In this TV premiere feature, Scooby-Doo and the gang take a creepy cruise into the legendary Bermuda Triangle. Spooks and scares lurk around every corner – from alien sightings to terrifying Skeleton Ghost Pirates that like to sink cruise ships with cannonballs. If Fred, Velma, Shaggy, Daphne and Scooby-Doo can’t solve this maritime mystery, they may walk the plank and become the Triangle’s next victims.
* 8:30 p.m.: A new episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Cartoon Network’s morbidly hilarious adventures of a dopey boy, a
cynical girl and their best pal, the Grim Reaper. Billy’s boredom and failure to adhere to Grim’s warning brings about a house party of Netherworld proportions in “Cubix Rube.” Then, in “Everything Breaks,” the root of Billy’s destructive nature is discovered with the help of Lord Pain.
* 9 p.m.: Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular – This hour-long CGI special follows the first trick-or-treating adventure of Hannah Marie, a young girl whose older, meaner cousin babysits her one dark Halloween night. Hannah’s cousin cooks up a scheme to frighten her, but the scheme backfires when Hannah gets help from her Scary Godmother and her quirky monster friends.
Friday, Oct. 13
* 7 p.m.: Scooby-Doo – In this live-action/CGI feature, making its Cartoon Network debut, The Mystery Inc. gang must work together to uncover a scary mystery. Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby have been apart for two years and have gone their separate ways. Then they each receive an invitation to Spooky Island. Not knowing that the others have also been invited, they show up and discover an amusement park that affects young visitors in very strange ways. Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby soon realize that they cannot solve this mystery without help from each other. Scooby-Doo stars Freddy Prinze, Jr., Sarah Michelle Geller, Linda Cardellini and Matthew Lillard in this wry romp.
* 9 p.m.: Scary Godmother: The Revenge of Jimmy – Monster-phobic
Jimmy hopes that getting rid of candy and costumes will put an end to Halloween. Scary Godmother and her creepy pals, the Fright Sight Gang, will have seen their last Halloween if Jimmy succeeds in erasing the day
he despises most from the calendar. Unless Hannah can stop him, everything creepy, weird and spooky will vanish forever.
Friday, Oct. 20
* 7 p.m.: Casper’s Scare School – The full-length animated movie Casper’s Scare School makes its television debut on Cartoon Network on Friday, Oct. 20. Casper the Friendly Ghost goes back to school to learn how to be a scary hobgoblin, but he returns to his good-natured ways when he stumbles upon a diabolical plan to take over the world. Casper’s Scare School boasts vibrant computer animation and the vocal talents of Jim Belushi, Bob Saget, Phyllis Diller and Dan Castellaneta.
* 8:30 p.m.: Billy and Mandy return with yet another wacky new episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. In “The Secret Snake Club vs. P.E.,” serpentine mayhem ensues when Billy turns to the Secret Snake Club to help him get out of P.E. class. When Irwin gets wrapped up in his mummy heritage, he learns that he is the last in a long line of Endsville’s Pharaohs in “King Tooten Pooten.”
* 9 p.m.: Camp Lazlo – Scoutmaster Lumpus’ favorite holiday is ruined when the Jelly Beans won’t stop trick-or-treating in “Hallobeanies.” The Jelly Beans make a doll out of canned meat in “Meatman.” The beefy creation comes to life and terrorizes Camp Kidney.
* 9:30: The Life & Times of Juniper Lee – In “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Juniper Lee,” monster parents ask for June’s help when their kids turn into human beings for Halloween and stay that way.
Friday, Oct. 27
* 7:30 p.m.: Billy and Mandy’s Jacked-Up Halloween – Jack, a headless prankster from Grim’s past, uses Billy to steal Grim’s scythe so he can destroy Grim and then take over the world with demons from the
* 8 p.m.: Ed, Edd n Eddy’s Boo Haw-Haw – Ed, Edd and Eddy attempt to find the legendary, trick-or-treat-filled neighborhood of “Spook-E-Ville.” In preparation, Ed spends the entire day watching horror movies. Once the sun sets, Ed’s TV-addled brain fantasizes that monsters are stalking their every step.
* 8:30 p.m.: Courage the Cowardly Dog – In “The Human Habitrail,” a sinister salesman (who is a gerbil) arrives at the Farm peddling vacuums. During his pitch, the salesman shrinks Muriel and the Farmer and sucks them up into his vacuum. Courage must find a way to rescue them. Then Courage and the Family are selected by NASA to go on a dangerous space mission to save the Sun in “Mission to the Sun.” While in flight, Muriel becomes infected with an alien bacterium, which tries to sabotage the mission.
* 9 p.m.: The Haunted Pumpkin from Sleepy Hollow – When Nick and Kate set off to find the biggest pumpkin in the patch, they discover that their pumpkin is haunted. After receiving warning that the pumpkin
is the head of the legendary Headless Horseman, Nick and Kate vow to stop the villain who once terrorized Sleepy Hollow from reclaiming his head. Based on Washington Irving’s classic tale, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
Sunday, Oct. 29
* 1-6 p.m.: Courage the Cowardly Dog Marathon – Halloween is getting closer and the cartoons are getting spookier, starting with a five-hour marathon starring that paranoid pooch, Courage the Cowardly Dog, from 1-6 p.m.
* 7-9 p.m.: Scooby-Doo – The supernatural programming continues with an encore of Scooby-Doo, the live-action/CGI mega-hit starring Freddy Prinze, Jr., Sarah Michelle Geller, Linda Cardellini and Matthew Lillard. Careful viewing will be rewarded – Sugar Ray and Pamela Anderson make cameo appearances.
Monday, Oct. 30
* 6-10:30 p.m.: The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Marathon – The big day is almost here. Cartoon Network gets kids primed for trick-or-treating with a special four-and-a-half hour marathon of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
* 1-10:30 p.m.: Nine-and-a-Half Hour Halloween Marathon – As kids get ready to hit the streets to trick-or-treat, Cartoon Network sets the mood with a nine-and-a-half hour marathon of Halloween programming, starting at 1 p.m. With airings of Casper’s Scare School, Ed, Edd n Eddy’s Boo Haw Haw, The Haunted Pumpkin of Sleepy Hollow and Scary Godmother’s Halloween Spooktakular, the frights will continue long after the last doorbell has been rung and the candy has been divided and counted.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in nearly 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best
in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.