Adult Swim Adds Women to its Young Adult Ratings, Delivery Claims
* Cartoon Network’s newest action-adventure original series, Ben 10 (Saturday, 10 a.m.), continues to anchor the network’s Saturday morning line-up, earning double-digit delivery and ratings gains compared to the same time period last year among both kids 2-11 (up 28% and 25%, respectively) and kids 6-11 (up 10% and 11%, respectively).
Ranking #1 for Total Day Delivery of Young Men and Adults 18-34, Adult Swim Also Climbs Double Digits with Women 18-34, 18-24 vs. Last Year
Late-Night Network Ranks #4 Among All Basic Cable for Total Day Delivery of Women 18-34, 18-24; #5 for Total Day Delivery of Adults 18-49
Adult Swim’s undisputed appeal with young adults and young men is now spreading to young women as well, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. Versus the same 2005 time period, last week’s Adult Swim delivery and ratings performance ranked #4 among women 18-34, increasing by 14% and 25%, respectively, and #4 among women 18-24, whose delivery improved by 19% and ratings by 20%. These significant gains underscored Adult Swim’s #1 overall ranking once more among all ad-supported cable networks for total day delivery of adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24 (currently a 59-week winning streak).
In addition to these claims, Adult Swim also ranked #5 among ad-supported cable networks for total day delivery of adults 18-49 (506,000) and #6 for delivery of persons 2+ (1,114,000). Adult Swim programs accounted for 10 of the top 50 programs of the week among adults 18-34.
Highlights of Adult Swim’s overall performance vs. the same time period last year include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, 10:30 p.m.-6 a.m.; Saturday, 11 p.m.-6 a.m.; Sunday, 10 p.m.-6 a.m.)
* Adults 18-34 delivery totaled 371,000 and an 0.6 rating
* Adults 18-24 delivery totaled 224,000 and an 0.8 rating
* Men 18-34 delivery totaled 221,000 and an 0.7 rating
* Men 18-24 delivery totaled 143,000 and a 1.0 rating
* Adults 18-49 delivery totaled 506,000, with an 0.4 rating
* Women 18-34 delivery totaled 150,000, with an 0.5 rating
* Women 18-24 delivery totaled 81,000, with an 0.6 rating
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s network offering original and acquired animated comedy and action series for young adults. Airing overnights six days a week for a total of 45 hours weekly, Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, home to the best in original, classic and acquired programming for children and families, and is seen in 89 million U.S. homes.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.