Comics Previews for December 1: Season of the Witch, Jonah Hex, Marvel Zombies
Several comics previews are available on-line.
- The complete first issue of Season of the Witch is available at Newsarama.com. The comic, about a teenaged girl transported to a magic world, is by Jai Nitz and Kevin Sharpe and is published by Image Comics. The same article also contains a five-page preview of issue #2.
– Buzzscope.com has several last-minute previews of comics from IDW and Marvel, including New Avengers #13 by Brian Michael Bendis and David Finch and Iron Man: The Inevitable #1 (of 6) by Joe Casey and Frazer Irving.
– Comic Book Resources has several previews for Image Comics released last Wednesday, November 30, including Ant #3 by Mario Gully and Marc Hammond, and Ferro City #4 by Jason Armstrong.
– Newsarama.com has several preview pages of Living in Infamy #1 by Ben Raab, Deric A. Hughes, Greg Kirkpatrick, and John Lucas, released last Wednesday. The book, published by Ludovico Technique, focuses on supervillains in Arizona under the Witness Protection Program.
– Dynamite Entertainment’s recolored The Adventures of Red Sonja Vol. 1 trade paperback is previewed at Newsarama.com. The book collects the first seven solo Red Sonja stories from the 1970’s Marvel Feature comics.
AVAILABLE LATER IN DECEMBER
– Mile High Comics has Marvel and DC previews for comics scheduled for release on December 7, including Jonah Hex #2 by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Luke Ross; and Marvel Zombies #1 by Robert Kirkman and Sean Phillips.
– Newsarama.com previews 6 pages of The Necromancer #3, coming from Image/Top Cow on December 7. The comic is by Joshua Ortega and Francis Manapul and deals a 17-year old girl at the crux of a conflict between demons and gods.
– Newsarama.com has five preview pages from Spider-Woman: Origin #1 by Brian Michael Bendis, Brian Reed, and the Luna Brothers. It is scheduled for release from Marvel Comics on December 21.
– Robert Kirkman previews 3 pages of Invincible #28, written by him and drawn by Ryan Ottley. The issue should be released by Image Comics later in December.
AVAILABLE IN FEBRUARY
– Newsarama.com previews Mouse Guard #1 by David Petersen, which focuses on a society of anthropomorphic mice defending their homeland.
– Four pages from JSA #82 by Paul Levitz and George Perez are available at Newsarama.com. The issue, coming from DC Comics in February, may contain spoilers for DC’s “Infinite Crisis” event.