Comics Previews for November 11, 2005: Thing, Batman & Monster Men, Witchblade
The following comic book previews are available around the Internet:
– Newsarama.com has Aron Lusen’s Dead Samurai, available on comic book stands now. The issue is by Jim Kuhoric, Nick Bradshaw, and Scott Kester.
– Fou pages of The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist #8 accompany an article about Brian K. Vaughan (Runaways, Ultimate X-Men), who will be writing the new on-going feature for Dark Horse’s anthology comic book based on Michael Chabon’s award-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. The story will be illustrated by Phillip Bond; Harvey Pekar, Dean Haspiel, Andi Watson, and Jeff Parker contribute other stories to the issue. It is on comic book stands now.
– Comicon.com’s PULSE News has Eight preview pages of Wall After Wall graphic novel from iBooks. The book focuses on a young Jewish boy in Brooklyn who turns to organized crime to get ahead. The hardcover edition of the book is available now.
– Buzzscope.com has posted 3 more uncolored preview pages from JLA: Classified #16, including The Thing #1 by Dan Slott and Andrea DiVito and Batman and the Monster Men #1 by Matt Wagner. five pages from the Day of Vengeance: Infinite Crisis Special #1 are available at Comicon.com’s PULSE News.
– Aron Lusen’s Dead Samurai are up at Newsarama.com. The comic book is based on the BloodRayne series of video games, and is written by Troy Wall and Mark Robinson. The book will be on comic book stands on November 16.
– Broken Frontier hosts preview tackles Devil’s Due Publishing’s Hack/Slash, coming November 16 from Harris Publications. The mini-series promises to reveal the sexy titular character’s definitive origin story.
– Newsarama.com hosts Eight preview pages of Wall After Wall, written by Ron Marz and illustrated by several artists including Darwyn Cooke, Terry Dodson, Luke Ross, and George Perez. The issue, which promises Witchblade’s origin story, will ship on November 23.
– Comic Book Resources 3 more uncolored preview pages from JLA: Classified #16: Black Panther #10 by Reginald Hudlin and Scot Eaton; Wolverine #36 by Daniel Way, Mark Texeira, and Javier Saltares; and the GLX-Mas Special by Dan Slott, Paul Pelletier, Ty Templeton, Mike Wieringo, Matt Haley, Georges Jeanty, Mike Kazaleh, and Paul Grist. Another five pages from the Day of Vengeance: Infinite Crisis Special #1 from Giant-Size Invaders #2, Incredible Hulk #89, and Generation M #1.
– Newsarama.com has a 5 page preview of The Surrogates #3 by Robert Venditti and Brett Weldele. The comic, published by Top Shelf, centers on a murder investigation in a world dominated by virtual reality.
– Comic Book Resources previews Aron Lusen’s Dead Samurai, a three issue mini-series from Komikwerks and iBooks. The series tells the tale of an amnesiac samurai warrior in conflict with vampire ninjas. Another preview tackles Devil’s Due Publishing’s Hack/Slash by Tim Seely and Dave Crosland, starring two monster hunters in battle with an undead serial killer. Both books are due out this month.
– Eight preview pages of Wall After Wall are available at Newsarama.com. The tragic horror/sci-fi comic book is by Dario Mario Gulli and Alberto Ponticelli, and will be published by newcomer Narwain.
– Newsarama has 3 more uncolored preview pages from JLA: Classified #16 by Gail Simone (JLU’s “Double Date”) and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez. The book will be published by DC Comics in January.
– Comic Book Resources has five pages from the Day of Vengeance: Infinite Crisis Special #1, due in January.